Palace Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Palace Improvements

I have created my own map so that in general resources are evenly distributed per continenet.

But when I play this map I never get to improve my palace. Is there something in the edit tool box I have to click in order to get this option.

I don't think it's possible. Another complaint I have about maps being played as scenarios. Very annoying. I hope this isn't a problem in civ4.

although I think there is a work around. Someone told me there's a way to get modded games to show up on the high scores list. And this should also allow them to have palace improvements. I'll try to remember this.

Comment

What version of Civ are you playing with? I have C3C and I've played my own custom scenerios without incident... that seems so strange... it shouldnt effect something like that... i hope someone posts with something helpful. Sorry I cant be that person...
      Siga El Conejo Blanco
      Dios, patria y libertad - Ecuadorian motto
      | NationStates Roleplayer: The Honor Guard | Check out my Civ4 'friendly game' of MP: A Few Good Leaders |

Comment

Why would you want to be bothered with them?

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1
          LOL! How true! 90% of the time I click the X because I dont really care to make my palace pretty! (but I do realize how some may find it fun to do.. its the seat of your empire after all)
          Siga El Conejo Blanco
          Dios, patria y libertad - Ecuadorian motto
          | NationStates Roleplayer: The Honor Guard | Check out my Civ4 'friendly game' of MP: A Few Good Leaders |

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1
            I agree... the palace is just useless

They should have made the palace be in the background when talking to other leaders or something... just to make it a little bit "usefull"
            This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I dont think its useless. I like it

Comment

I agree with ADG, it's useless, but it would be cool if it would be integrated more.

Basically it's the same story as with the city view. It was implemented on popular demand, but nobody really ever looked at it. This is because the screen does not contain any information, nor does it come into play at any point of the game. It's only accessible via a button, but there's absolutely no point to click except to watch a boring picture.

Remember about Civ1, there the rioters marched by the city view in the background. Or the soldiers marched by. That way it was integrated. In addition, I think it was animated.

Comment

I agree... I just loved it in Civ1... except that it didn't save the view for each city, so it was randomized each time I viewed, but because it's an old game I understand why they didn't include that
                  But the randomness in the cities was also among the things I liked about the city view in Civ1, since in Civ2/3 the city view was always the same
                  But I did love how the soldiers marched "through" the city

Would be interesting if they in Civ4 includes the players palace in the city view instead of just some standard palace... but so far this seems not the case, so far the only city view there is in the game is the view you get on the map
                  This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Working...
                  X