Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help with Civ. III edit

Hey everyone!

I am currently working on my first scenario for Civilization III (a modern day scenario) and so far it's turning out to be a pretty good scenario. I just need help with 2 things.

1st: How do you create trade routes between players in the edit screen, for instance oil being exported from Indonesia and the US to Japan (since Japan obviously lacks oil as a resource). This is just one example of many, I just can't figure out how to create trade networks in the edit screen.

2nd: How do you lock/create Alliances in the edit screen. For instance Alliances between Turkey, European nations, and the US to symbolize NATO. Also I would like to know how you create right of passage treaties between nations in the edit screen (this is very important since there are US units spread throughout the world, from Japan and Korea to Germany, and I need Rights of passage between the US and those nations so to make the scenario more accurate.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I'm afraid 1) is impossible with the scenario editor. (More later about alternate possibilities.)

2) Is mostly impossible. You cannot have RoPs and such treaties established from the beginning of the game, and you simply can't have any diplomacy established in Civ3 or PTW. (Sounds like you have the original Civ III?) If you have Conquests, you can create Locked Alliances of civs through the Locked Alliances tab in Scenario Properties, so that they cannot attack each other (and may be able to win together if you enable coalition victory). You can also have alliances start the game at the war with other alliances (they will not be able to negotiate and make peace in this case).

Anyway, so far as I know fine diplomacy editing is not available in the scenario editor. Conquests allows you to set broad strokes, but nothing as specific as trades or RoPs. One thing you could look in to is Gramphos' editor in the files section; I'm not sure where it is now, but last I looked the diplomacy editor had been added and was being tuned up. The downside to this approach, though, is that you have to use saves - you can't make .bi*s hold more data than the scenario editor already puts in - so for a broad scenario where you want the player to have lots of civs and difficulties to choose from, you have to make a ton of individual saves with the player civ and the difficulty set each possible way.

Comment

unfortunately you cannot. if it was possible, civIII would be a better game
      I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Thanks

Thanks guy's for the help. It is unfortunate that you can't do more with the editor to make scenarios seem more realistic. Once again thanks a bunch! BTW, the scenario should be complete within a month or so.

Comment

If I was you I would wait Civ4 but hey, you have some spirit
          I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Working...
          X