Multiplayer 'What the?'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiplayer 'What the?'

I tried to start a PBEM game between me and my friend. I created a map with 16 TOTAL civs, four of which were permantatly allied together, to make them stronger. Now, we started the PBEM, but I dont think that the old (non-alliance) civs are present!!! I dont understand. I put player one and two as humans and the rest as AI, but I dont see what I did wrong... there are supposed to be 16 total players but I only see my friend me and the allied civs.??? Whats wrong? What do i have to do to get them ALL in there, not just the ones I select at the beginning Multiplayer screen?
    Siga El Conejo Blanco
    Dios, patria y libertad - Ecuadorian motto
    | NationStates Roleplayer: The Honor Guard | Check out my Civ4 'friendly game' of MP: A Few Good Leaders |

Isn't there a maximum of 8 civs in multiplayer? (or is it just 8 human civs...)

Comment

Thats my question (kinda) how many CIVS Total can be in a multiplayer match? (Assuming only two are human)
      Siga El Conejo Blanco
      | NationStates Roleplayer: The Honor Guard | Check out my Civ4 'friendly game' of MP: A Few Good Leaders |

Comment

I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

All at once? With AI civs? HOW? please help a dumb player out...
          Siga El Conejo Blanco

Comment

Well, if there are 2 human civs, there should be still enough place for 14 AI civs
            I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

How do you set that up on the Multiplayer startup screen? I only saw slots for 8??? Is there a scroll i am missing?
              Siga El Conejo Blanco

Comment

It´s probably 16 on the new packs only. But 8 are still ok, aren´t they

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Yea but I have Civ Complete..
                  Siga El Conejo Blanco

Comment

Try having a look at the CIV3 website, features

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

i checked and found nothing- really this should be a simply question answered at apolyton "How many TOTAL number of players can be in a multiplayer game?"
                      Siga El Conejo Blanco

Comment

Originally posted by Datajack Franit
                        Er dude, are you sure?
                        Granted, it's been awhile since I played Civ3 (any version) but IIRC the max is 8 for MP (be it human or AI, in other words: 8 total).
                        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I was pretty sure about that?

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

I'm pretty sure it's 8. just for the hell of it, I'll start a mp game right now.

Comment

yep it's 8. There is just no room in the player setup for more than 8 civs. I remember this after messing around with multiplayer after PTW came out.

On the left hand column you put your player name. On the right colums you choose which civ for that player (or random).

Another reason this was done was to control for speed and lag issues. It would take forever to finish games with more than 8 people. Even with simultaneous move. Even if half of them were computer ai's it still takes time for the game to process that information. I'm not exactly sure when it is processed for simultanous games, or if the host machine does all the work. and I'm not sure what packets of data are sent over the lines. But I remember there was significant lag when PTW first came out.

Comment

Working...
                              X