Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You have suffered a humiliating Wonder loss?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You have suffered a humiliating Wonder loss?

I have Conquests ver. 1.22.
    Played as Ottomans and have 35% of world area and population.
    After that I finished the Longevity wonder I got a message that have lose the game. With 17 other wonder built and all the AI:s have 10 combined I got "We are disgraced! You have suffered a humiliating Wonder loss.".
    Game over.
    Whats that?

I have no idea. Got a save?
    Do you believe in Evil? The Nefarious Mr. Butts
    The continuing saga of The Five Nations
    A seductress, an evil priest, a young woman and The Barbarian King

Comment

not sure. But I do believe you can select wonder victory conditions even in epic games.

Were you behind in points?

I'm trying to remember the Mesopotamia scenario now. I remember once that 7th wonder is built, the game is over. And I think the person with the highest score wins (though wonders add to your score of course). Reload a save and check your score to the AI's.

Comment

Does the age of the wonders count? As in, 3000 yo Great Library is worth way more than Universal Sufrage, Newton's, and Hoover combined?
        I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

The game was played as monarch, huge, pangea, high land coverage, 16 civs, space race victory off, cultural linked start positions off and everthing else default.
          I built the Great Library. Wonder Victory on. I was second in points, first in power, size, population and cultur.
          A file named JO1902ad.sav (799kb) is uploaded.
          I tried it several times with the same results but sometimes a slightly different message appeared.

Comment

[URL=http://apolyton.net/upload/view.php?file=50109_JO1902ad.sav]

Here is the link...

Comment

yeah it must be based off of points. If you were second in points, that's why you lost.

Comment

https://URL=http://apolyton.net/uplo...9_JO1902ad.sav

Yes, second in points I was but it was 1904 AD and plenty of rounds left, should it not be counted at the last round?

I have played this several times before with the same parameters and nothing like that has ever happened. At 1980 AD and second and third in all aspects with only a few wonders built but that never occurred.

Sometimes I have won wonder victory with 17 to 18 wonders built.

Comment

URL=http://apolyton.net/upload/view.php?file=50109_JO1902ad.sav

Comment

I have never used the VP (victory point) method, but it sounds like that is why the game ended. You have to capture the VP monoliths and build wonders.

You get points for killing barbs, units, capturing cities, reserching or capturing princesses.

Comment

Strange, as all other victory conditions automatically give you victory, even if you are behind in points...

Comment

Why don´t you just reload the game to the previous save and nuke every single city they have?
                        I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Datajack Franit
                          Why don´t you just reload the game to the previous save and nuke every single city they have?
                          most of us sensible players don't build nukes. . I never do anyways.

Comment

but turning your enemy´s forests into deserts is very relaxing
                            I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

I find nukes to be very handy...a few of them just might prevent anyway from attacking you, which means if you want a war, you always have the advantage of surprise...

Comment

Working...
                              X