stupid question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stupid question

I've been playing this game for years, and consider msyelf a decent player. But one thing I've never known.

How can you tell what color each civ is? This seems simple, but often it's not. Usually I'll just right click on a unit to see what nationality it is. But this doesn't work on large maps where you do not have line of sight and can't see any of their units.

The diplomacy screen is also useful. As the leader name and picture will have a circle around it with their country's color. But I was playing the middle ages scenario, and there are more countries that can fit on the diplomacy screen. And yes I know about the more civs button. But it still doesn't look like it's showing all them. Surely there's an easier way.

It's really important to see which color which civ is in scenarios such as Middle Ages. So I know who I want to build and embassy with (and get a right of passage)

The easiest way is ti use the color blind setting in the preference. That puts the name of the civ over each town. Now you know the color and the name.

Well in some cases the colors are so close......

Comment

Another screen that could help, but fails somewhat are the graphs screens. You can see the relative power, culture and points, but if you have more than 8-10 civs, the bands get so narrow and the names start to wrap across the top.

And vmxa1 is right, the color choices start to look similiar. (3 varieties of purple for example)
      Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Working...
      X