Clear All

• what was your shortest game

just happened

Bigger, Bigger World - 20 civs Playing China- Monarchy

39 minutes

gonna reload
    anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

The Shengoku scenario. Diyamo killed by barbarians on turn 5 or so. A complete game of Civ in less than 10 min.
    Do you believe in Evil? The Nefarious Mr. Butts
    The continuing saga of The Five Nations
    A seductress, an evil priest, a young woman and The Barbarian King

Comment

The Shengoku scenario. Daimyo killed by barbarians Paddy on turn 5 10 or so. A complete game of Civ in less than 10 20 min.

(Fortunately I had a second civ in that game. That one survived a bit longer.
      Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

3 seconds. Saw 5 tiles of coast, 5 tiles of sea, and 6 tiles of tundra (and a few forests).

Ctrl-Shift-Q.
        You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Shortest complete game is something like 15 minutes. (Defeat via Conquest) Played an expansionstic civ on a tiny map, the nearest neighbor was much closer than expected and they sneak attacked my capital before I completed my first military unit.
          1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
          Templar Science Minister
          AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

5 turns; I set the options to a few VP, and the AI got them in 5 turns.
            "We, civilizations, now know that we are mortals...", Paul Valéry

Comment

At the start. Underfoot two year old son hit the power strip. (after spending two hours reloading to get a decent starting position )
              "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
              "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
              2004 Presidential Candidate
              2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

does this count restarts when you have a ****ty starting position?

Actually I rarely do that, unless the position is truelly horrid.

I like to play through adversity. My last game I had no iron, despite having a huge friggin land mass. I had to go to war, and create a chain of cities south to secure iron. So basically my iron city was surrounded on 3 sides by other AI's. I had to build up culture improvements to make sure it didn't flip, and defend it well, because it was in a vulnerable defensive position.

But that's not the end of it. I couldn't build Hoover Dam because I didn't have a city on a river (no rivers at all in my territory). So I extended from my iron city even further south (through warfare), and used a scientific great leader to build the hoover dam (otherwise it would have taken 400 turns ). This city was really vulnerable. I put a massive number of defensive (and offensive units) there. I still almost lost it- though I could have taken it back. But the AI moved his 2 mega stacks of doom north towards my main empire and disregarded my city with the hoover dam in it.

Comment

Had a 1 1/2 year long pbem no lux's/resources for the whole game (10 cities on an island)...yeah lost that game too

traded and spent dearly for what I needed

Comment

1 turn.

I moved my settler 1 hex to find a better starting spot.

A volcano let loose and the settler died.

Truthfully, this happened. I wish that I had saved a screenshot.

Golden Bear
                    Last edited by Golden Bear; August 2, 2005, 08:49.

Comment

I had no idea Volcanoes injured units

so far the best (worse case) short game

Comment

Mine was a plain Civ3 game. I played as Iroquois and had just sent a couple of scouts from my first city. Then I built a warrior as garrison, and after this I started a settler. It was not even 3000BC yet, when a German elite archer (must have popped a hut with barbarians) showed up, beelined to my capital and finished me off. Game over. I'd say, not even 10 minutes. And there was nothing I could do.

Comment

Are you asking as a win or as a loss?

Comment

How can you let your only city in the condition of being destroyed after 3 turns?
                            I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

What can I say?

Because I suck.

Comment

Working...
                              X