I have no idea what I'm doing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have no idea what I'm doing

OK, I'm a long-time Civilization player, but I've just recently discovered the fact that you can download scenarios and maps off the internet (I know, I sound like a ****ing moron, bare with me). Problem is, I know jack **** about computers, and I can't figure out how to get said scenarios to work. Can somebody give me a step-by-step walkthrough on exactly what I'm supposed to do with these .bic files and how to get them to work? Be as simple as possible, you don't have to worry about sounding condescending or anything, because I am a ****ing nimrod when it comes to computers.

Thanks.

Maps that are created for Civ3 (vanilla, no expansions) are labeld bic files. Maps for PTW are bix and C3C (conquest) are biq.

In C3C you download them into the the Scenario folder that is inder the Conquest folder.
    The other two also store them in a Scenaro folder.

To play one in C3C you select the Civ-Content option at start up of the game. It will them show you all the maps available and you select one.

I have not played PTW or Civ3 in some time, so I forget the exact method to load their maps, but you will have only one ro two choices.

Comment

I have the complete edition, which includes Civ3 and both expansion packs...should I be looking only for scenarios, maps, mods, etc., that are for Conquests?

Comment

I LIKE SETTLERS FIRS COMMENT LOT'S OF COARSE LANGUAGE. bUT I CAME HERE TO FIND OUT HOW THE**** DO UN ZIPP THE ZIPPED FILES AND WHY DOES IT ASK ME"WINDOWS CANNOT OPEN THIS FILE UNTILL IT FIND OUT WHAT CREATED. dOES ANYONE IN THE ****ING WORLD KNOW???? iHAVE BEEN TO 8 DIFFERENT WEB SITES I HPE THIS ONE WORKS.
        THANKS IN ADVANCE IF ANYONE IN THIS ****ING WORLD KNOWS THE ANSWERS

Comment

I MEAN I LIKE CMERADE KANGAROO'S FIRST COMMENT

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeKangaroo
            I have the complete edition, which includes Civ3 and both expansion packs...should I be looking only for scenarios, maps, mods, etc., that are for Conquests?
            Mods are different than scenarios. Some mods will only work for a given version of the game. So if a mod is for CivIII, it can be downloaded and applied to the CivIII part of Complete and used.

The Conquest mods will tell you where there need to be installed for it. Some parts have to go into CivIII folders as it is used for all versions.

Scenarios need to be put in the folder for that version. Each one has a folder for Bic, Bix or Biq scenarios.

I am not sure what you mean by maps, if that means saved games, then all should be playable in the Conquest version, if the game was patch to its final fix.

Comment

Originally posted by tommy1234567890
              I LIKE SETTLERS FIRS COMMENT LOT'S OF COARSE LANGUAGE. bUT I CAME HERE TO FIND OUT HOW THE**** DO UN ZIPP THE ZIPPED FILES AND WHY DOES IT ASK ME"WINDOWS CANNOT OPEN THIS FILE UNTILL IT FIND OUT WHAT CREATED. dOES ANYONE IN THE ****ING WORLD KNOW???? iHAVE BEEN TO 8 DIFFERENT WEB SITES I HPE THIS ONE WORKS.
              THANKS IN ADVANCE IF ANYONE IN THIS ****ING WORLD KNOWS THE ANSWERS
              Course language is for children and fools, it impresses no others.
              Zip files come in several flavors. The two main ones are handled by WinZip (free) and WinRar. Files that end in zip for type can be done via Winzip. Files with rar for filetype need WinRar.

Either way the application will unzip them to any folder (directory) that you point it at.

If you are using XP, the default zip tool if not any good. Go to download.com and get another one.

So the msg you see is likely a RAR file.

Comment

Working...
              X