• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WWII in Europe

World War II Serie
    The World War 2 in Europe
    By Elda King

Many scenarios were already made regarding to Second World War, one of the most interesting conflicts of the world. However, they lacked resources: the Locked Alliances, the system of Flavors and the capacity of rename units were just included in C3C; and without those resources it is impossible to do a - good - scenario of the war. C3C also brought the Conquest of the 2nd World War in Pacific, an excellent scenario and quite exact, but it didn't bring other aspects of the war. Many fans made their own scenarios of the Global war or in Europe, but most had a serious defect: they were very slow, they last too long to carry and they used too much space in the PC (observation: everything this in my PC).
    I decided, then, to do my own scenarios of the war; I decided to do a serie of scenarios so that they complemented the Conquest of the 2nd World war in Pacific, and I began with the war in Europe and my next plan is the conflict in Africa. I avoided to use too much units, I elaborated simple tech trees and I put few civilizations (those are the main differences between the Firaxis' scenario and the the fans' ones), because not always the complexity is the key for the historical precision and the enjoying.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The map of the 2nd World war in Europe will bring 11 civs:
    -Germany: it is the largest military potency of Europe, a Nazi country belonging to the Axis. it Possesses several only units.
    -Italy: it is another Fascist country of the Axis, but it doesn't possess the war power of Germany.
    -Romeny, Bulgary, Hungary: this civ gathers the other countries belonging to the Axis. The main reason for they be united is that separate they would be very vulnerable. 1: I know that they didn't enter in the War soon in the beginning; but Italy also declared only war to the allies in 1940. In these cases I considered as if there was the war state among the countries, but didn't happen any conflicts.
    -England: in this scenario, "England" represents the British Islands as a whole: England, Scotland, Country of Wales, Ireland of the North (United Kingdom) and Ireland of the South. It is the great Allied potency, of great naval and industrial power, with potential to support a long war.
    -France: it is a civ essentially defensive, but reasonably powerful.
    -Poland: it is an Allied country, not very powerful.
    -Belgium, Netherlands, Denmark, Switzerland: again they are united to gain power. This civ gathers the Allied countries that, in spite of they declare neutrality state, they were invaded by the Axis. 1: Switzerland stayed neutral until the end of the war, but if there was not any civ occupying his/her place in the map, it would be too easy for the Axis to outline the Maginot Line.
    -U.S.S.R.: a powerful non-aligned civ. 1: in this scenario the tundra produces 1 food and 1 shield, but it possesses cost of movement 2 (that allows to represent the failure of the German invasion, that could not be supplied and attacked with difficulty during the Russian winter; but the only units of this civ ignore the cost of movement of the tundra). 2: the Soviet Union already possesses many territories of it subsequent influence area. 3: U.S.S.R. also attacked Poland, but the allies were indifferent; in the game it counts as if it made a peace treaty with the allies soon afterwards.
    -Greece: neutral country and no usable, unchanged.
    -Spain: neutral country and no usable, unchanged.
    -Portugal: neutral country and no usable, unchanged.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The information on the units, improvements and techs were omitted to avoid a spoiler; hereafter, consult the civilopedia.
    Game release: 08/28/05.
    Last edited by Elda king; July 24, 2005, 08:23.
    "We, civilizations, now know that we are mortals...", Paul Valéry

so, help me, do you have this scenario?

if so, where?

if not, when?

Thanks

Gramps
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

No, I not have it (yet), but I'll try to finish it until August 28, 2005.
      "We, civilizations, now know that we are mortals...", Paul Valéry

Comment

Originally posted by Elda king
        No, I not have it (yet), but I'll try to finish it until August 28, 2005.
        great

looking forward

Comment

There is a play by email (pbem) game going on WWII in Europe at the moment

the set up thread

the tracker thread

And the files for it (unzip into the "Conquests\Scenarios" folder)

be well and good luck
          Gurka 17, People of the Valley
          I am of the Horde.

Comment

so we should be closer,nyet?

Comment

Working...
            X