Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where is my civ.ini ? Cant change screen resolution !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is my civ.ini ? Cant change screen resolution !

I just bought Civ III Deluxe Edition, meaning all the expansions and CIV III itself together. Installed, but there does not show up any Civilization3.ini !

Accordingly i cant set the resolution to my 1280 by 1024 i have on the screen. I have already started both Civ and Conquests, so the file should have been created.

Any advice ? If not, could somebody post his civilization3.ini ? I would be also interested if this file is both in the main directory as well as in the Conquests directory...

Chris

If you're playing Conquests, look for a file called "conquests.ini" or similar. The name has been changed, but it does the same thing

Comment

Civilization3.ini is not there because you have not played Civ3. Look in the Conquest folder to find Conquest.ini for C3C.

Comment

I have already started both Civ and Conquests, so the file should have been created.

Comment

Guess what the reason of the problem was:

I had already installed CIV III earlier, a previous version. This went into the directory "Infogrames", whereas my new install went into "Infogrames Interactive". So i started the exe from the latter one, but edited the resolution (and missed in the first place the civ.ini) in the former one.

Thanks a lot guys !

Comment

Working...
          X