Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Culture Question

Hi,

Forgive me if this has been addressed before.

When culture accumulates, besides the obvious effect of expanding borders at every "culture point level", does a civs influence over surrounding civs increase with every individual point achieved? Not just at the level increase?

Or does any increase in the chance of assimilating a neighbor only come at those set points? (1000,10000 etc)

In other words, it would be nice if your chance of assimilating a neighbor was greater at 5000 CP than at 2000 CP....even though you haven't hit the next "border increase checkpoint"

know what I mean?

thanks
    While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

from my personal experience I'd say that a civs influence over surrounding civs increase with every individual point achieved...
    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

To my knowelge, both the boundary check and cultural revolt checks are on every turn. The overall cultural ratio in addition to tiles under influence by freiendly and enemy cities matter in addition to the culture of indivudal cities involved. Military units isn't a factor in the boundary check but is for cultural revolt.

In fact, I have seem tiles that fliped back and forth every half turn between myself and the AI for several turns in a row before finally staying with me.

Assimilating in Civ III usually refers to foreign citizens within cities you own becoming your own citizens. That check is also every turn. But parties form of govt in addition to the culture ratio matter. Military doesn't matter for this.

For citizens under resitatance, both parties form of govt, the overall cultural ratio, and # of military units matter.
      1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
      Templar Science Minister
      AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Originally posted by joncnunn

In fact, I have seem tiles that fliped back and forth every half turn between myself and the AI for several turns in a row before finally staying with me.
        Really? I've never seen that flip-flopping... Although I guess I've never seen the AI keep up so well either... What difficulty?
        Siga El Conejo Blanco
        Dios, patria y libertad - Ecuadorian motto
        | NationStates Roleplayer: The Honor Guard | Check out my Civ4 'friendly game' of MP: A Few Good Leaders |

Comment

I've seen the tile flipping, but not for several turns in a row. It's more like every third turn the tile would change hands, but it's pretty muich the same thing.
          Hehe....burr.

Looshkin's Lair

Comment

you can see it by the civ edit programme. each cultural point increases the cultural flipping %, and the government setting as well influence it, from despotism (lowest) to democracy (highest)
            I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Yea know, come to think of it, Cultural flipping is pretty rare in most of my games anyway..
              Siga El Conejo Blanco
              Dios, patria y libertad - Ecuadorian motto
              | NationStates Roleplayer: The Honor Guard | Check out my Civ4 'friendly game' of MP: A Few Good Leaders |

Comment

for the AI it is for sure
                I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Working...
                X