Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the New Server!

Apolyton.net is now pointing to the new server. Please let us know if you spot any oddities or have any suggestions for what to add to the site!
See more
See less

Civ3Edit newb question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ3Edit newb question

Hi folks. Recently I dusted off my trusty copies of CIV3 again and decided to make up some custom maps.

Now excuse my ignorance but one thing I hate about civ3edit was not being able to zoom. I guess I should first ask, can you make it zoom out/in to see the whole world? I seem to recall a map editor that could do that but I don't seem to still have it. Currently I'm running 1.11

If you can point me to either a better editor or tell me how to make this one better, I'll grant you a free Golden Age!

Thanks!

I am not sure what the final implementations was for CivIII editor, but the C3C editor has a zoom function. It is under the view menu.

It has a two level quaility and zoom of 25 to 500%.

Comment

There aren't any other editors AFAIK.

Comment

i went to the civ iii support site and downloaded a patch - 1.29 I believe - which greatly improved the editor, including a better zoom feature, a mini-map, etc. Beefed up the actualy game a bit, too.

Comment

Originally posted by aetheldrea
          i went to the civ iii support site and downloaded a patch - 1.29 I believe - which greatly improved the editor, including a better zoom feature, a mini-map, etc. Beefed up the actualy game a bit, too.
          indeed

I have a zoom feature, helps great when you have a 200 X 200 map
          Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Working...
          X