Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How the heck to edit graphics without PSP...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How the heck to edit graphics without PSP...

I am trying to make a mod for civ (after all, who isn't), and really don't need to change any graphics other than the four screens where you choose technologies to research (science advisor)...

I can easily edit them on Microsoft Picture It!, but (as I experienced in editing SMAC) the game doesn't appear to accept the new files...I do know that the game requires a certain palette, but I'm having hard luck finding such a thing to download, and palettes don't seem to be a part of Picture It!...

I downloaded Paint Shop Pro a long time ago for use with SMAC, and of course it has expired by now...and unless someone around here knows how to use it after the trial expires, I won't be able to use it...

If anybody knows where a download for a palette is, I'd appreciate it, as I might be able to use PSP with a little fiddling, doubt it though...

I have civ 3 conquests, along with the latest patch, 1.22 I believe, if that makes a difference...

Ultimately, I just need to be able to convert some simple pictures that the game can use...

Can you do it in mspaint?

Comment

Try the GIMP
      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

What does it do?

Comment

about the same things as PSP or Photoshop, but for free.
          Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Working...
          X