Japan - Feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will try this, thanks Modo.

Unfortunately I'm flying out to my parents' place tomorrow and staying there for two weeks. They have Mac (I play on my PC). Otherwise I'd bring my cds and install the game on their computer.
    Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Well done Modo, 7 cities was what I was thinking. Getting those extra cities and workers enough to quckly improve tiles is the main thing.

I would probably only go with 2 granaries, but that is not a big issue, since you have little esle to do at times.

As long as the rest of the world is stuck on smallish islands, you got no problems. If there is a large contient around with 3 civs, then it could get a bit rough.

Since none of the civs are doing much in research, they must not have met and probably are in the same boat.

Still island games can get to be a pain with all the landings, invasions and such to deal with. Hope yo do not have the Byz and thier dromons to deal with.

Comment

Build lots and lots of marines and carriers...if you can get marines before others start with TOW and Mech infantry, you can save yourself a lot of trouble...

Comment

In this game, the only "trouble" seem to be the Spanish, doing halfway decent research. I think they can be dealt with using Samurais. Remember that this is Warlord difficulty, so 15-20 of those would be overkill already.

In general, archipelagos tend to be ridiculously easy on lower difficulty, as the AI has a very hard time getting to MapMaking, and even when it does, it takes a lot of time to get contacts. Normally you would need Galleys to cross some Seas, but on this map, not even that is required. I just built many Curraghs (four of them), and that was it (later added Galleys for transportt, and anti-barb duty). More contacts make for cheaper research, and more income (more customers ), so your economy should be leading with ease. With a strong tech lead, all you have to do is pick your targets, as nobody really stands a chance.
          Last edited by Modo44; June 20, 2005, 02:25.
          Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

Indeed. I plan to deal with the Spanish first thing . I played the game some but I'm not satisified with how fast I'm expanding the Japanese. Will replay once I get back home.
            Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Working...
            X