Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to play with a revealed map?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to play with a revealed map?

Hey,

I just recently started playing Civ3 again in anticipation of Civ4 coming out and out of MMORPG boredom, and I was just wondering if its possible to play with the entire map revealed?

I just want to play casual and would enjoy watching every civ evolve.

Is it possible? With map editor? Or any hack (as a last resort).

Thanks..

-TA-
    "Nothing exists except atoms and empty space; everything else is opinion"
    -Democritus of Abdera

If you have Conquests, you can pre-generate your map in the editor and remove all the FOW from it. Otherwise, there is nothing in the editor or cheat code in the game I know of.

Comment

If you really want to see the AI devolve, I mean evolve, you can turn on the debug mode in the editor.

Be warned it will be painful to watch evey move all civs make. I never made it past a few dozen turns. Watch scores of barb fights is not fun.

Comment

We know that the AI can watch you evolve...
        Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
        ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

... tell me about it lol

I was watching the demo movies for Civ4 and I saw the entire revealed map at one point so I'm sure its possible in Civ4 (or at least, with thier demo version that I'm sure you can mimic in the release) so I was curious about that in Civ3.

Wow my last post here was 3 years ago.

Cheers
          "Nothing exists except atoms and empty space; everything else is opinion"
          -Democritus of Abdera

Comment

AFAIK in most games with "a fog" they only have that option during the making of the game to make it much easier to see how well the AI does. Just because you saw screenshots/movies with no fog doesn't mean that it's possible to play without in the actual game... of course there's a slight chance for them to make it optional
            This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Working...
            X