Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a way to edit the map in a saved game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a way to edit the map in a saved game?

I'm playing a good game, and, everything is going well except this one continent is almost entirely ice! I want to go in and edit the map to make it grassland or wahtever, but I can't find any tools that will do it. Anyone?

Thanks,

Brian

It's possible with the Mulit-tool (look in the Files forum) but every time I've tried it, it's done tons of other weird **** to my savegame too.

Comment

yeah, I wish there was an easier way to go abou tthat business.

esp to drop a resource into an AI island or continent to make more competitive.

Comment

Edit Map

tsk tsk tsk... my wife would hang you ice continents can be very useful, mine the heck out of'em.
        I tried the old excuse "well, I just wanna make it more realsitic... No, you're cheating... but to have this map with absolutely... You're cheating... I just wanna build a rail... cheater cheater pumpkin eater

just playing around, guys, but I just find it amusing when people want some way to edit a map to "make it more challenging", like when I upped the armor on my HummVee's on Command and Conquer but let the Nod Buggy's drive around with paper armor my wife called it cheating, maybe it is... would be nice to edit out that silly coal requirement for railroads, but then I'd have no excuse to invade the Netherlands for coal (see my post in Strategy)
        If you had a way to edit the map or tweak the rules, is it to make it more challenging or is it to make it easier to mop the floor with Alexander's head? g>
        Poised for conflict at Ground Zero, ready for a war!
        Many nordic Fighting men, their swords and shields all gleam in the sun.
        Attention: All planets of the Solar Federation, we have assumed control.
        http://saveamerica21.tripod.com

Comment

Working...
        X