Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i need to know the following..............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i need to know the following..............

what techs in the middle age the other civ will research likely before me(referred to monarch level!;as for the ancient age i think i already know more or less!) 'couse of the fact that i want absolutely ,through Glib ,be the first to get knight code(translation from italian version,not sure about the right term in english one) and in the meanwhile save lots of money for a massive horsemen/knights upgrade and destroy almost them all!

Of course the scientific civs get a random one, but Feudalism seems to be the first choice for most of them. I usually go for the top branch with Theology.

This link may help: What will the AI research next?

My favorite tactic is to trade Theology for Feudalism from one civ then trade it for gold and resources from everyone else.
    Last edited by 1889; June 8, 2005, 14:48.
    Do you believe in Evil? The Nefarious Mr. Butts
    The continuing saga of The Five Nations
    A seductress, an evil priest, a young woman and The Barbarian King

Comment

Originally posted by 1889
      Of course the scientific civs get a random one, but Feudalism seems to be the first choice for most of them. I usually go for the top branch with Theology.

My favorite tactic is to trade Theology for Feudalism from one civ then trade it for gold and resources from everyone else.

i'm on my way for feudalism in 12 turns and after that knight code;i'v noticed that some other civ already got that;weird that the Glib didn't make me reach that first along with the knight code as i planned for the upgrade of the horsemen/knights!!!!

Comment

Sorry, I didn't notice that you had the Great Library. In that case why not just save the money and get the techs for free?

You get Feudalism for free as soon as one other nation gets it.

Comment

nice linkage,
          I don't know what I am - Pekka

Comment

Doesn't what the civs research depend on their character? So religous civs research monotheism, militaristic research feudalism, industrious research engineering?

Comment

Sorry, I didn't notice that you had the Great Library. In that case why not just save the money and get the techs for free?

You get Feudalism for free as soon as one other nation gets it.

yeah,but i looked forward to getting to knight code before any other,then upgrade my about 20 horsemen to knights and begin having real fun
              by speeding up that, i've lost money(from 480 to 300 gold),and i haven't maneged to upgrade all my horsemen yet(80 gold each!!!!);after having built Glib and HG think i should build Leo for the half price of upgrade otherwise it will be hard to upgrade the rest of the horsemen in a short time!!!!
              England has just declared me war along with the babilonians and considered that they are behind in tech(don't have knights and are penniless thank to my tactic to make them stay so )

Comment

i'v just seen that link!
                it's real a great one!

Comment

Originally posted by grassmarket
                  Doesn't what the civs research depend on their character? So religous civs research monotheism, militaristic research feudalism, industrious research engineering?
                  The techs will have different values to various civs. A tech that lets them build their unique unit is worth more for example.

I'm not sure what affect their traits have on it though.

Comment

a weird thing has occured in the current game i'm playing on monarch(second on chart after the babilonians that cheat a lot i think);
                    every city should support 4 units for free right?;now i have about 20 or more cities and on military advice i have 80 units and is written i can only afford tha half of it(44)!but how the hell i ask myself?
                    the other fact is that the babilonians has researched the path ,music theory,astronomy i'v researched the path to military tradition (through chemistry,metallurgy and MT at last, but evry time i check the advisor screen the babs alway have more money and given that tha other civs are much smaller than me and than the babs ,are quite penniless how can they do that ?i believe they're cheating a lot the suckers!!!!
                    although i have almost as city as the babs they have a bigger army than mine (weird this fact also!!!!) they i can't put the science slider more than 40 or 50 % without losing much money(-20,- 30 if i try to put it at 60 or 70 and -50 if i put at the top!!!!!!!!)
                    where do you think i'm making mistakes?

Comment

If you could attach a save I'll be better able to answer some of these questions tonight.

Comment

Switch to Republic or Democracy...if you are already doing one of those two, get nationalism as fast as you can, then get fascism or communism...switch to one of those, produce a lot of cavalry, then declare war on the Babylonians and kill them...it sounds hard, but if the other civs are small like you say, technology won't mean anything...

Comment

in civ 3 italian version i'm using there is no fascism!
                          anyway i', ve found that tha babilonians have less cities than me but many of them are size 12(i only have the capital that size!;does that mean something?
                          do cities of bigger size allow more units to build for free?
                          maybe i had to build pyramids as well as the Glib(like i did) but i didn't manage to have them both!
                          maybe the fact that the most of my cities are 4 or 5 size doesn't allow me to have a bigger army and the surplus i have makes me lose money and prevent me from researchin at top speed without lose more than 2 or 3 gold per turn................

Comment

Originally posted by kiurkugord
                            in civ 3 italian version i'm using there is no fascism!
                            anyway i', ve found that tha babilonians have less cities than me but many of them are size 12(i only have the capital that size!;does that mean something?
                            do cities of bigger size allow more units to build for free?
                            maybe i had to build pyramids as well as the Glib(like i did) but i didn't manage to have them both!
                            maybe the fact that the most of my cities are 4 or 5 size doesn't allow me to have a bigger army and the surplus i have makes me lose money and prevent me from researching at top speed without losing more than 2 or 3 gold per turn................

Comment

Working...
                            X