Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the most useful files for vanilla Civ III?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the most useful files for vanilla Civ III?

Hi:
    I am a long time Civ Player (since the original Civ came out), but have not played my vanilla Civ III since the beginning of 2002.

After a long hiatus, I plan on getting back into playing Civ III.
    I have downloaded the patch for the 1.29F.

My questions are:
    1) What are the most useful downloads for terrain/units to recommend(playability/visibility)?
    2) What would be a couple of the top scenarios you would recommend?
    3) How useful is Civ: Conquest overall? A must have or a nice to have?
    4) One old download I remember getting before added Theocracy and several units. I really liked that one, but don't remember the name, or know if it is even available or not.

Any help would be appreciated.
    I used to be a hard core Civ player, usually playing at Emporer level or above, and am anxious to reaquaint myself with this great game.

Keith

Well if you got C3C, you get PTW as well. You get MP, you get several sets of graphics packages and a ton of scenarios.

Otherwise many graphic mods are available. I am not sure if they are easy to find, but look in the creaton forum.

You may find it is easier to find mods on CFC

Largest fan site for Sid Meier's Civilization series.

Comment

Start down a level or two from Emperor until you get back into the swing of things.
      "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
      "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
      2004 Presidential Candidate
      2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Working...
      X