Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I buy a Sid Meier's Civilization III Complete?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I buy a Sid Meier's Civilization III Complete?

Because I have Sid Meier's Civilization 3 Limited Edition, old one, Complete give you 2 expass, do it's improve single player or it's only better for Multiplayer, I dont play multiplayer, thank you.

If you just want the latest single player stuff, you can get the same effect by just buying Conquests (2nd Expansion)

If you want everything in between, go ahead and buy it, but Complete won't get you anything extra.

Comment

Simply Buy Conquests

Actually if you have vanilla civ3 (the original version) buying conquests will give you everything that conquests would give you. The only people I would suggest buy complete are the ones that do not have the original civ3 vanilla in the first place.

Jerh9e1k5

Comment

Considering that civ 4 comes out this Christmas, there'd be no point in buying complete...

Comment

Originally posted by Commy
          Considering that civ 4 comes out this Christmas, there'd be no point in buying complete...
          QFT
          I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Unless some store will give you a discount on civ 4 if you show a receipt for a recently purchased civ 3?

1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
            Templar Science Minister
            AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

I'd tend to agree with this.
              "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
              "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
              2004 Presidential Candidate
              2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

*shrug* Unless one just wanted to have Civ III on one's HD for old time's sake. Heck, I've still got Civ II squirreled away on some of my bytes.

Gatekeeper
                "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

True. The oldest game on my PC is X-Com.
                  "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                  "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                  2004 Presidential Candidate
                  2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

As the question was about the content of the expansions, yes they do contain new and 'improved' gameplay elements. If you can find an old copy of the Conquests disk it will give you the same content as you'll end up with in Complete, although you will have to download and install a patch to get v1.22.
                    Enjoy Slurm - it's highly addictive!

Comment

Civ3 is now selling for $10 at Walmart. Civ3 Complete and Conquests are nowhere to be foundThis is vanilla Civ3. I own Civ3 Complete. I have two PCs and a network. Civ3 Complete is installed on both machines. If I buy Vanilla will I finally be able to play a networked game at home?
                      Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

Working...
                      X