Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

By god's sake, what the "Enter Random Seed" button is for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• By god's sake, what the "Enter Random Seed" button is for?

In creation map, just when u setting landmass and barbarians and climate, there is a small box in top right of the screen.

Does it have ANY purpose?

I didn't find nothing in the game manual...neither in the conquests manual...

Thanxs
    If ten thousand of your men die in front of the walls of an enemy city, order the other ten thousands men to climb their bodies and attack the city.

It allows you to have the game make a known map by using the world seed. If you saw a game posted that you liked and they did not have the 4000bc save, you could use the seed number to get the same map.

The map will probably not be exactly the same, even if you use the exact settings, but that is the idea.

Comment

So u saying, this like a kind of randomizer algoritm??

Very interesting... I'm thinking what kind of function the "Randomize World" may be.

Why not give 4000 BC savegames?? They're small!

Much Thanks anyway!
      If ten thousand of your men die in front of the walls of an enemy city, order the other ten thousands men to climb their bodies and attack the city.

Comment

The idea is that if you use the random seed then you can go back into a world and play as any of the nations at any level and rule settings you want. If you only have the 4000bc and didn't have the random seed ability then you could only go back and play that particular nation and level, etc. that the 4000bc save was created for.

Comment

So - Just to make my life more clear, If I want the ability to go back to a map I have to check Random Seed or do I NOT check it? Why the heck is this so confusing for me?

Comment

The Preserve Random Seed has nothing to do with the World Seed. Checking the Preserve controls weither you are able to replay an event and not get the same results, such as popping a hut.

The World Seed is the map generation number. You get one in regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1
              The Preserve Random Seed has nothing to do with the World Seed. Checking the Preserve controls weither you are able to replay an event and not get the same results, such as popping a hut.

The World Seed is the map generation number. You get one in regardless.
              Whoops, I was thinking he was asking about the "world seed".

Comment

We all do it, so not a probelm.

Comment

Working...
                X