fewer roads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fewer roads

I hate the look of roads and railroads spread all over the map. I tried changing things in the editor so that tiles did not receive commerce bonuses from roads, so that they'd only get built to link cities and resources. Unfortunately, eliminating the road bonus on a tile type also prevents the road from being built on that type of tile!

Anyone got a work-around or another way of stopping roads getting built everywhere (whilst still allowing them to be built to link cities and resources)?

How will you know if they are present, with no graphical representation?

Comment

Don't set workers to be fully automated.

I normally set the worker to first auto-improve the closest city, which most often is the city it's built in. After that I use the "Auto-repair damage" and "Build trade" functions.

The "Build trade" function connects cities and resources, without cluttering the terrain with roads and railroads in every tile.
      "There is no reason what so ever for a person to have a computer in his home."
      - Ken Olsen, founder of Digital Equipment, 1977

Comment

Re: fewer roads

Your not going to like this answer but one of the patches to vanilla changed it to where a "0" commerce bonsus for roads results in them being impossible to build. Prior to that patch, I don't know the exact one off hand, you could have roads without commerce.

So, under latest patches, it's not a good idea to remove road ability to tiles capiable of founding either cities or colonies.
        If you remove roads for any terraign type, you should also remove luxary & bonus resources from that terriagn. (And ensure that some terraign is still able to use them)

Originally posted by sotired
        I hate the look of roads and railroads spread all over the map. I tried changing things in the editor so that tiles did not receive commerce bonuses from roads, so that they'd only get built to link cities and resources. Unfortunately, eliminating the road bonus on a tile type also prevents the road from being built on that type of tile!

Anyone got a work-around or another way of stopping roads getting built everywhere (whilst still allowing them to be built to link cities and resources)?
        1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
        Templar Science Minister
        AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Working...
        X