Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My UU meets your UU

Ok Im new at this game...
    Still learning alot especially here in this forum...
    I tried out the Aztecs on a Huge map with aggressive AI and barbs on monarch. I thought I would have a busy busy time with my mean green Aztec warriors UU. I plopped down a couple of cities real quick built barracks and quickly found a couple of civs. The Americans and the BAbs, I thought who do I use my green men against first. I chose the Babs where I could cut off the Americans from the rest of the civs to the south. Big mistake. Bowman kill Aztec warriors quite easily. Luckly I researched a pretty good tech about that time got a peace treaty and a tech I needed and cash in return plus a settler team I jumped in the early part of a war. Then turned my little war machine on the Americans. I learned a lesson all UU of the same age are not created equal. And me and Ham are going to become real good friends for a while.

Most would not like to jump spearmen with warriors and that is about what you did. 2/2/1 Bow Vs 1/1/2 Jag.

Not a fun event for Jags. If they (Nowman) attack it is still archers Vs warriors and we all like the archers in that one.

The good news is that you tripped their GA. The bad news is that you tripped your own, if you won any battles.

The problem with very early war is it slows down your growth. This is worth doing if you can eliminate them or at least gain most of the land on your mass.

Comment

Jags have to strike early to be able to kill military units. They have a shot against spearmen if they attack in groups, as some will withdraw and survive then the next Jag can finish the wounded spear. Once the AI deploys stacks of units, the Jag can retire from attacking combat. OTOH, Jags are great explorers, are devastating when used against infrastructure (pillage & run), and are bad news for workers and settlers (the ideal time to take on a spearman). I think Aeson posted an interesting game where he demonstrated the utility of the Little Green Men.
      "...your Caravel has killed a Spanish Man-o-War."

Comment

Working...
      X