Quote Attribute

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quote Attribute

I've noticed that some users are able to include a line in a quote that identifies the quote source. I can't figure out how to do that.
    "One more such victory and we are undone" - Pyrrhus of Epirus

Re: Quote Attribute

Originally posted by Neal the Neophyte
    I've noticed that some users are able to include a line in a quote that identifies the quote source. I can't figure out how to do that.
    This is what you get if you use the with quote option:

Comment

Re: Quote Attribute

"Originally posted by Neal the Neophyte
      I've noticed that some users are able to include a line in a quote that identifies the quote source. I can't figure out how to do that."

If you use the same reply with quotes and then remove the elipse an dthe command QUOTE and other things like style you can then place your " on each end of the lines.

You can break them up anyway you want, see above.

Comment

Another way for small qoutes is to cut and paste into the quick reply or even the normal reply and place your quoites around it.

"I've noticed that some users are able to include a line in a quote that identifies the quote source. I can't figure out how to do that."

Comment

This is what I get if I use the quote option:

This is what you get if you use the with quote option:
          I still don't get it. The quote attribute is always is a smaller text size and appears to me to be done automatically somehow without manipulation (cut, paste, or quote text modification) on the users part.

Comment

Yes if you use the reply with qoutes, that is what you get. The whole post is placed in the box.

You can edit it and change the size parm.

See my second post to see what I did to get the the users id included in the quote.

If you want it to be like the one you have in your post above, then just insert the name before you submit. I hope that was clear and what you need.

Comment

Thanks vmxa1. I'm a little slow on the uptake on this one for some reason. I'll try your suggestions.

Comment

Working...
              X