Here's a wierd one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's a wierd one

I'm playing an epic game and rushed a settler to a spot to claim some silks. I beat an ai boat filled with a settler and numidian mercenary and built my city there. The next turn, I get the declaration of war and then the GALLEY attacks my city. Not the units on the boat, but the boat itself. I have preserve random seed turned off and I was able to view several odd things. If I win the battle (I have a warrior in the city), the galley sinks. If I lose, the galley goes off at an odd angle and unloads 2 squares away. The wierdest one was once the galley actually retreated from battle and then rush attacked me again. Odd. Anyways, here's the save, just load and hit enter and observe the wierdness.
    Attached Files

That is one I have not heard before.

Comment

do you have a save game?

Comment

That is very, very weird.

Obviously a programming error.
        Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Are you using a mod? I cant think of any way it would be possible to have sea unit attack on land even using the editor.
          Absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

Originally posted by Elias
            Are you using a mod? I cant think of any way it would be possible to have sea unit attack on land even using the editor.
            Nope.

Comment

Never see this kind of thing happening before!!!

probably it the legendary galley army will attack u in a few turns
              If ten thousand of your men die in front of the walls of an enemy city, order the other ten thousands men to climb their bodies and attack the city.

Comment

Just to let you guys know, I reloaded the round a few times to see if there was anything I could do to stop the attack. I moved troops in and out of the city, and the galley always attacked, even when the city was empty. When the city was empty, the ai would declare war, but the galley wouldn't take the city. I ended up just razing the city and moving on...

Comment

Seems like you pissed off the AI so much that it subverted the rules...
                  I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

I only wish it had that level of adaptive programming
                    Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Working...
                    X