Altering mapsize

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Altering mapsize

Is there any way to alter the map sizes in the game without creating a scenario?
    for example when your starting a new game and your choosing map size huge is 130x130 (or something ) how would i go about changing that to say 256x256 but still allow the game to randomly generate the map

There is a tab there somewhere to adjust the size of the map.

You should alter other settings as well though, such as corruption, science etc...

Best is to back-up the original data(rename it ' _copyblabla' or something) and fool around with the copy.
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

a tab?

im in vanilla civ 3 with latest patch

explain exactly how as if you was talking to an idiot

Comment

Custom rules --> World size (click it (the dropdown box), then select huge)

Adjust : width and height

Tech rate and optimal number of cities ( both higher)

On the same tab, you can choose for more civs too.
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

took me a while to work out why the rules were greyed out
          i managed it now tho
          the tech lvl is set to 240 on marlas now wonder the game is building leonardos at 20ad
          i have set map to 256x256 with city lvl at 50 and tech lvl at 500
          im looking forward to playing with all the civs in

Comment

Originally posted by -Ab-
            im looking forward to playing with all the civs in
            Hope you have a Pentium12.
            "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
            "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
            2004 Presidential Candidate
            2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

I think they allow largr maps in C3C, if that is not big enough for you and of course more civs.

Comment

I believe the max is 31 civs (+1 for the barbs). But playing that on a huge map will bring even the mightiest PC to its knees in short order. There's also that pesky 512 city limit to the game. I hope Civ4 will lift the limits some and be easier on PC resources.
                "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                2004 Presidential Candidate
                2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Working...
                X