The unwanted civ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The unwanted civ?

Which civ -of all from vanilla to conquests- is the one that you would rather gargle a bucket of radioactive waste than use?

There is none. I don't want to gargle that bucket.

Anyway... In Conquests, there isn't really one I absolutely loath. I generally like to have at least one of Religious, Industrious, and Agricultural, since those are my favorite traits, but even that isn't absolute.

Comment

I hardly ever play Babylon or Egypt. Culture is not my thing.

Comment

I'm with Kloreep, though I tend to pick civs that have 2 of those traits. I'm more of a builder, so any combination of those can be fairly deadly.

I can't stand Seafaring civs for the most part

Comment

Koreans

Comment

Depends. In SP, I don't really mind. In PBEM I prefer to have any of Expansionist, Industrious, and Agricultural. But in PBEM I think the UU is just as important as the traits...
            You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

I hate expansionists and don't like religious, but I like so much industrious, scientific, militaristic and seafaring. Commercial and agricultural are OK.
              The worst civ to me is Arabia, and the bests are Scandinavia, Germany, China and Ottomans (included by UU).
              "We, civilizations, now know that we are mortals...", Paul Valéry

Comment

None. When running an epic game, I choose random civ with random AI oppoents, cultural link off.
                1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                Templar Science Minister
                AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

how about most unwanted neighbour?

it's getting dull having mayans, incans, aztecs and iroquois for neighbours every single time!
                  I don't know what I am - Pekka

Comment

Originally posted by lebensraum
                    how about most unwanted neighbour?

it's getting dull having mayans, incans, aztecs and iroquois for neighbours every single time!
                    that's why you remove culturally linked starting position from the starting game options.

Comment

For my last 7 games, I started with the Incas and Mayans near me. I was about to start breaking things. Then I realized that someone had changed the settings in one of the .savs I downloaded...

Comment

What I noticed was that someone managed to change the city display to include the name of the civs. This occured when it was my turn as Emperor of Rise of Rome and includes any new SP games formed.

Also note that if you intend to play an epic and the last game you started was a conquest or a mod with non-default victory conditions, you need to click default victory conditions, or else the same victory conditions from the last one will apply.

Originally posted by Sabre2th
                        For my last 7 games, I started with the Incas and Mayans near me. I was about to start breaking things. Then I realized that someone had changed the settings in one of the .savs I downloaded...
                        1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                        Templar Science Minister
                        AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Koreans, but that's only on my testing scenario where I test everything first.

Comment

Inca.

Bleech. Pass the radioactive sludge.
                            Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

The expansionist trait is kind of wasted, but I don't look down on any Ag civ.

Comment

Working...
                              X