leaders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leaders

you can't have 2 military leaders at the same time, but can you have a scientific leader and a military leader at the same time?
    The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his.
    General George S. Patton

Any Dutch Civ players? Check: www.dutchciv.tk

correct-a-mundo!
    I don't know what I am - Pekka

Comment

If you have a MGL, you can't get another MGL. You can get an SGL anytime

Comment

Also, if you have a SGL, it will prevent a new MGL.

But an MGL won't prevent an SGL
        1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
        Templar Science Minister
        AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Originally posted by joncnunn
          Also, if you have a SGL, it will prevent a new MGL.

But an MGL won't prevent an SGL
          Huh? I don't see the logic behind this. If a MGL and a SGL can both coexist in the game, why does the existence of a SGL prevents a new MGL?
          I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Because when an elite wins a battle, the game checks for the presence of any leader. If an SGL is present, the process is stopped. When you're first to discover a tech, the game does not check for leader presence, meaning neither an MGL nor another SGL will stop the process.
            Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

The check for the leader was always in the game. When they added SGL and change great leaders to MGL, the check was not modified. Hence only a check is made for elites, not for break throughs.

Comment

Ah, ok.
                I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

This is also similar in that capturing wonders with your traights won't trigure your GA, but if you then build any wonder (even Shakespheres Theater) after having captured wonders reprenting your traights, you'll then get your GA if you haven't had one yet.

It checks to see if you own wonders satisfining your traights only upon building a new wonder.

And in addition, if a civ has no traights (See the Japanese conquest) and builds ANY wonder, it gets a GA. With no special traights, the civ has all of their traights covered!

Yes, this also means that in Conquests that give a civ three traights, that it needs to get wonders representing all three traights to get the GA peacefully. (It's generally easier to use your UU in that case.)
                  1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                  Templar Science Minister
                  AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Isn't that too complicated??
                    Anyway, I never get a Scientific leader, because i play in emperor-deity-sid levels and i always get behind in the tech tree.

The scientific leader idea is good, but they could appear more in the game. Maybe one-two per game. I played FIVE emperor level games, being a techwhore in all of them and no one appeared. (I always fall back in the tech tree during industrial era.

I not sure, but i think that every discovery you made up first, rolls the chance of a scientific leader and increases the chances of the next roll.

Military great leaders are much more easy to get. first one normally i got an medieval or ancient army, kick some asses and then if i got another military leader, got forbidden palace up and start to build infraestructure.
                    If ten thousand of your men die in front of the walls of an enemy city, order the other ten thousands men to climb their bodies and attack the city.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles_Bronson
                      increases the chances of the next roll.
                      No.

At emperor level, which you are talking about, there's absolutely no reason to fall behind in tech, if you trade right and build roads, etc, etc... Even a OCC with a cnsiderable tech lead is easily done, if performed right.
                      The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his.
                      General George S. Patton

Comment

I'm not talking about staying with musketman and knights when everybody already have infantry. Im talking about not staying always on the edge, being the first to discover key technologies (like computers or rocketry). Computer civs get the edge around industrial - pre-modern age.

Remember, if you don't stay in the edge, u cant have any scientific leaders. Thanks. So the roll chances are not increased? Crap.

It's not easy to start (or hold) a war if a cpu has tanks and bombers and your armies are equipped with rifles and cavalry.

You know that cpu trades techs with each other very easily, and wants absurds prices to sell them to you. If you make it right, u can stay on the edge just by trading first with all of them, and making no trade communications between CPU as long as possible.

In arquipelagos maps, that's very easy to do until magnetism, and this is why sid's maps are much more viable to play in arquipelagos and so difficult in pangae.
                        If ten thousand of your men die in front of the walls of an enemy city, order the other ten thousands men to climb their bodies and attack the city.

Comment

Indeed. But why isn't it working for you then. When trading a tech, always trade it around, or the AI will. Squeeze 'm dry with insane gpt and keep your tech at 100%. Always be the first to trade with a civ that had a new tech, if possible.

You can only get a SGL if you discover a tech fist, so indeed, you'll have to be one of the top civs in tech. I usually have an average of 1 per two games, maybe more. I think it's about 2 per 3 games. Could be more if I always played with scientific civs... Expansionist can give you a quick boost to get the level 2/3 techs of the AA soon.
                          General George S. Patton

Comment

I usually get 2 or 3 SGL in a row, and then another several techs later, and they appear even if I do not use them. I've rarely got a MGL, and it usually appears in the modern age, as my games (prince level) can be pretty peaceful until the AI realises I have tanks, and they all declare war on me, and each other, due to many, manymutual protection pacts.
                            Hehe....burr.

Looshkin's Lair

Comment

As stated above, an MGL cannot be obtained if there is a leader present, be it a MGL or a SGL. An SGL can always be obtained. But 2 or 3 in a row is a lot...

By the way, the AI won't declare war on you for the mere fact that you have tanks. It's the other way around... You declare war on THEM... If the AI knows you are stronger, they'll be more likely to maintain peace with you and invite you to all sorts of alliances and MPP. I rarely enter a MPP though, or I have to be SURE I'll benefit and can't get attacked easily. It pulls you into wars you don't want to be in.
                              General George S. Patton

Comment

Working...
                              X