Newbie questions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie questions?

Can someone please tell me what RoR means?

When I read your articles I find many other abbreviations(?) i don't understand. Where can i find a list of these? (if there is such a list)
    I got nothing against no Viet Cong. No Vietnamese ever called me a ******.
    Muhammad Ali

RoR= Rise of Rome (one of the pre-made scenarios included in the Conquests expansion pack)

As for a list of all acronyms, I've never seen one. If there are other ones you don't know, feel free to post them and someone will happily translate them for you.
    They don't get no stranger.
    Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.
    "We will not tire, we will not falter, and we will not fail." George W. Bush

Comment

Thank you! Wondered about an article I read concerning the use of armys, and I didn't understand the talk concerning RoR.
      Muhammad Ali

Comment

Here's the Glossary. It's very long, yet still manages to be incomplete.
        "I used to be a Scotialist, and spent a brief period as a Royalist, but now I'm PC"
        -me, discussing my banking history.

Comment

Ahh, wonderful! When was ever a glossary complete?
          Muhammad Ali

Comment

yet still manages to be incomplete.

Comment

To more fully attain incompleteness, try the 'abbrreviation' thread topped in this forum...

R2D
              Enjoy Slurm - it's highly addictive!

Comment

Well, it's hard to keep up with dynamic Webslang. At least we usually use whole words (or whole acronyms). Usually.
                "...your Caravel has killed a Spanish Man-o-War."

Comment

Originally posted by Tall Stranger
                  As for a list of all acronyms, I've never seen one.
                  There's one right at the top of the forum, called "Abbreviations, abbreviations". It's been there for ages.

Comment

Yeah, sure, now you tell me!!!! Admit it: they just put it up there, and have made up this "it's been there all along" story to mess with my head!!

This is sad: I've been here for years and never even noticed that thread. Thanks for pointing it out.
                    They don't get no stranger.
                    Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.
                    "We will not tire, we will not falter, and we will not fail." George W. Bush

Comment

Working...
                    X