Making Barbs more Rebel-style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making Barbs more Rebel-style

Ok. This is may be a either a really stupid idea or a really terrible idea. -BUT- Is there any way (or is it a good idea) to give barbarians a modern unit like a modified Guerrilla or something so that they are more like Rebels in the modern era?

Yes, there are two AI land types [Basic & Advanced] along with one AI sea type.

No real restrictions, except the sea type should probably allow units to be onboard if you want Barbs forming camps on the coast from them.

And I think the AI would have more trouble against Guerrlias in the ancient era than humans.
    1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
    Templar Science Minister
    AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Later in the game, in most games there aren't too many barbs anyway, so giving the barbs a modern-looking unit could mean barbs would have modern-looking units when you're still using swordsmen and horsemen. I guess that's why the stock C3C barb units are ancient era (warrior, horseman, maybe swordsman)-looking units and not more modern-looking units like partisans or guerillas.

Since most barbs would appear in the early REXing game, you would just have to be careful about making the barb stats too powerful. Obviously, a 6/6/1 barb unit would be kind of tough for ancient era civs to deal with.
      Let Them Eat Cake

Comment

That was my assumption and fear as well... Oh well...

Comment

The Stock units are:

Basic: Warrior
          Advanced : Horsemen
          Naval : Galley

It's noteworthy that barbs do NOT require access to the horse resource to get Horsemen.

Several of the Conquests though have different units.
          Perhaps the strongest barbs are in Age of Discovery.

Originally posted by Mace
          Later in the game, in most games there aren't too many barbs anyway, so giving the barbs a modern-looking unit could mean barbs would have modern-looking units when you're still using swordsmen and horsemen. I guess that's why the stock C3C barb units are ancient era (warrior, horseman, maybe swordsman)-looking units and not more modern-looking units like partisans or guerillas.

Since most barbs would appear in the early REXing game, you would just have to be careful about making the barb stats too powerful. Obviously, a 6/6/1 barb unit would be kind of tough for ancient era civs to deal with.
          Templar Science Minister
          AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Hmm...I always thought that the barb units didn't build until at least one civilization had the technology for the unit. This might require some testing, but if anyone knows the truth that would be best.
            I AM.CHRISTIAN

Comment

The European civs in Age of Discovery all start with the tech needed for the barbs normal pikeman. (1/3/1.)

This presents a bit of a challenge for the MesoAmerican civs who don't.

Originally posted by Switch
              Hmm...I always thought that the barb units didn't build until at least one civilization had the technology for the unit. This might require some testing, but if anyone knows the truth that would be best.
              Templar Science Minister

Comment

Working...
              X