No announcement yet.

Emperor Mahatma Gav and the Holy Buddhist Spaceship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This why I have not jumped in, I have no clue as to what the effects of all the changes cause.

It may still be an interesting story, but no one will benefit from your experience, since they won't have those changes.

Comment

I concede. Obviously what I'm trying to do is not coming across correctly. Taking all the traits had nothing/very little to do with making the game easier for me. It had everything to do with showing ways to take advantage of them. Since my point is being drowned out by that choice I'll leave this as it is.

Comment

As a newcommer to this game I for one was following this thread and its a shame that a few mega experienced players were shouting it down because of the fact that all the specialities were given to the one civ. This was meant as an illustration game and one that I thought was effective for teaching a newie like me. I hope that GAV continues to post this as a learning tool and if others do not like they strand they do not have to post in this strand of posts. Having a collective of ideas under one straind of posts with screen shots I thought was I thought a great leaning tool. I enjoyed stumbling onto Zachreil's posts and hoped that this would also be learning tool.

Comment

I don't see how you could learn anything useful, unless you will have all the traits in your game. I mean if a RaR game was chronicled, would it help you play an AU game? It would help you play a RaR game and maybe glean something for others, but not much as you would have to filter it.

I am not shouting it down. I just felt I needed to let him know why I was not participating. I felt an obligation as I encouraged him to make a thread like this, but I expected it to use std rules.

I have no issues with mods, only I don't use them and cannot speak to them.

If you want a good learning tool go to CFC and follow any sucession game that is in the level you play. These are very useful aids, even the ones that are not all that well played.

Just do not repeat the common errors you see in them, such as letting cities go into disorder and not managing the tiles. They have scores of games to choose from and often interesting reads.

Comment

Originally posted by QuestGAV Though I intend to remain largely peaceful, the Chinese being all up in my business already bodes ill for our future relations.
            fairly common situation, especially as you get onto higher levels. everyone has a different style in dealing with it. i often find myself despairing as i watch the ai taking all of that lovely unsettled land away.

tight city spacing is often enough to turn even a small amount of lousy territory into a viable empire. this is not as straightforward as just saying 'oh i place them at cxxc' - like that will solve the whole problem. i try not to get obsessive about it, but it still takes experience to see what will work in a given situ.

it's important to keep in mind what a given placement will do for you over the whole span of the ages. getting cut off by the ai becomes less of a problem, but you can send yourself batty counting tiles and weighing up which square to place the city on. but hey, like i said, if i'm good at one thing, it's making mistakes. so i tend to go more for what feels right at the time and if i don't get it just right, that's not the end of the world.

i actually don't think you're looking too bad at this point. you might not be getting all the land you'd like to have, and that's something you have to get used to at higher levels. but when i look at that map, i still see a lo-ot o' land out there.

@650 bc - is that a buncha wines i see sitting north of calcutta? please, please, please tell me you plonked a settler on the bugger

overall, for an emperor game, you're doing a very nice job of rexing. yeah, with all traits turned on it's a bit deceiving, but i'd say you're keeping up nicely at this stage
            Last edited by Terra Nullius; March 19, 2005, 15:43.
            I don't know what I am - Pekka

Comment

Re: City Placement, Part Deux

Originally posted by QuestGAV
              Expansionist pays off again as a Settler pops out of the goody hut like a stripper in a birthday cake. Note that you can only get a Settler out of a goody hut if you are not creating one already and do not have one in the field. So if you are an Expansionist, switch all of your cities off of Settler production before popping goody huts!

Here is the first fact that I have learned

I have not finished ready, but I have hopes for more tidbits

Thanks for the posts..keep them going

you are never to old to to forget to forget
              anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Working...
              X