Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picking Catapults Manually Out of Stack

Hello

I've been playing a game of civ lately and I've decided that everyone has been touting catapults so much that I better give em a try. They are working nicely except for one thing; whenever I move my stack up to the enemy city one or two catapults may have their moves first but then another unit like an archer pops up with its turn. I want to keep bombarding, so I have to manually right click the stack and select the catapults. With large stacks this becomes very tedious. Is there any way of circumventing this problem?

Thank you very much!
    Jer

Is there no solution for this? It would make my games much less tedious

Comment

i don't know if this helps, but i normally do the following;

right click and select the first cat in the stack
      select (move units of same type in stack)
      move to the next location
      then move the rest of the units to same location

i can't say for certain that this will always work, but it seems to have been doing the job right for me

whenever i capture or build a new cat, it shows up somewhere else in the stack. if i want to use it that turn, it has to be manually selected. but once i move on to the next spot, they all settle back into place together.

playing vanilla, i had so many bad experiences with trying to move units together - build settler, build spearman, send them out together to the same intended city site. then for some reason, they would each decide to take different paths to the same tile and my settler would get knocked over by barbs while the spearman was just sitting around smoking pot!

for this reason, i still don't trust (move units in stack) too much, so i always move artillery one turn at a time, then place the defenders on top.
      I don't know what I am - Pekka

Comment

Thanks a lot, sounds like it should work nicely

Comment

Working...
        X