Question about pop-rushing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about pop-rushing

I posted this in the General forum. But it is probably more appropriate here in the strategy forum. I have never pop-rushed anything (probably should in some cases), but saw in one of the threads a strategy that seemed interesting. If you are a religious civ, is it possible to revert back to depotism in the industrial age to pop-rush hospitals and factories. I know that there is a bonus the first time you pop-rush. Is that bonus for the first time you pop-rush in each city or just the first time overall?

Can't be done. Hospital is 160 shields and a factory is 240. A size 12 city cannot rush either one in despotism, not enough shields will be generated.

If you had a metro, you may be able to do a factory, I did not try that, but it would be nutty, just build it.

Comment

Can be done, only not from scratch. With a sufficient pre-build for a Hospital, you can get the remaining 120 Shields (this number I am not sure of) from the 6 population of a size 12 city.

I have pop-rushed Factories in conquered metros in Communism, so that possibility is certain. If the civ you are fighting is big, those people will not do anything for a long time. A metro means most of them will be Entertainers, so I prefer to send them to a Gulag, where they can directly contribute to The Only Righteous Cause.
      Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

You could do, I suspect in stages. I only tested all in one shot. I am not sure, but if 40 for first pop and 20 for each additional, it would take 7 pop.

You would need to have items to use in the staging, but I do not know what is allowed. I am not even sure if you get 20 for each additional one or not. It is just what I seem to recall.

But of course you could finish those items if you had most of the shields in the box already. At 240, you would need a fair amount for a factory.

I would say it is not a good plan to switch govs and pop rush a bunch of hospitals and factories.

Comment

Good points, it sounds like it wouldn't be a good idea. Thanks for the input.

Comment

The 40 for first pop was a bug in some versions of vanilla. (Introduced in the patch that was supposed to reduce shields in all cases from 40 to 20)
            It was fixed by the time 1.29f came around. No version of that bug exists in PTW nor Conquests
            1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
            Templar Science Minister
            AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Ok, I will try to rememeber it is only 20 for each. I thought that it was changed, that why mentioned it was only my recollection (not to be trusted).

Comment

Working...
              X