Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Okay, why doesn't the Internet generate culture???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay, why doesn't the Internet generate culture???

Hey all.

This has me annoyed. I built the internet because it puts a research lab in every city. The main reason I wanted that was because I needed all my corrupted cities to get culture.

Basically, I'm at 60% out of the 66% needed for domination victory. Unfortunatley, I can't get the remaining 6% without getting culture, or invading Sumaria, who happens to have bombers.

I was hoping I could just build the internet, and that would give me the culture I needed.

I don't get why the Internet research labs don't give culture because ToA temples give culture.

I guess I just could build the space ship.

Dan O.

Just rush a few temples in your newer cities

Comment

Everybody know internet people have no culture (j/k).

The wonder yields 4 culture per turn and labs 2 per turn. Look at the advisor via F2.

Look in any city view and you will see two music notes next to the lab. This means two culture. Don't forget that it will only put up labs on the same land mass.

Comment

Ahh, only on same continent? Why the hell is that?

Does Hawaii not recieve the internet?

I really think that the internet should have a more global impact.

I think that once somebody builds the internet, it should have an effect on all nations, and all continents

The internet is not owned by one nation, and is not controlled by any nation. It is a completely global public domain.

However, there should be a tech or small wonder that another nation would need to get to recieve the benifets of the interent, IE Haiti does not have the benifet of the interent because they do not have certain things required for it.

Dan O.
        Last edited by Melboz99; February 17, 2005, 10:52.

Comment

Originally posted by Melboz99
          Vmxa, perhaps you didn't fully read my post?

The problem isn't the internet not generating culture, it does. The problem is that that the research labs do not generate culture.

The interenet is supposed to put a research lab in every city. However, when I looked at my culture ratings, many citys still had a culture rating of 0.

This does not make sense!

The ToA temples generate culture, why don't the Internet Research Labs???

Dan O.
          I think you are going to have to modify your question to read "Why doesn't MY Internet generate culture?", because it certainly does so during my games. Is the culture level you cite the radius the city claims, or the actual culture points? Second question: Are you in Fascism? That would prevent culture accumulation in recently captured cities. Otherwise you need advice from someone with more clues than I have, which may not be difficult to find.
          If you aren't confused,
          You don't understand.

Comment

If you don't like how the internet or any other structure performs, feel free to make your own mod.

Note that having a GW add a building to other peoples empires can't be done.

You can however remove the contiental flag.
            1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
            Templar Science Minister
            AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Melboz99 it is only a convention for the game, not a simulation. MOst wonders that yield a structure, do so only for the land mass it is on.

Other nations did not have access to the internet, until they got the tech. This is how it is in the game. You build a lab in any city you want. The free ones are restricted.

Comment

"Originally posted by Melboz99
                Vmxa, perhaps you didn't fully read my post?

The problem isn't the internet not generating culture, it does. The problem is that that the research labs do not generate culture.

The interenet is supposed to put a research lab in every city. However, when I looked at my culture ratings, many citys still had a culture rating of 0.

This does not make sense!

The ToA temples generate culture, why don't the Internet Research Labs??? "

I guess you removed this, once you realized those cities were not on the contient or island that the internet was built upon. Thus those cities did not have a lab at all and hence no culture from them.

So yes I read your post, but I have been quilty of that omission in the past. Just trying to help you master the game. But I am surely fallable and will have mind farts from time to time. So please to question anything that does not make sense.

Comment

how are websites showing bukkake and hentai pictures culture?

Comment

china and russian culture is based upon pr0n
                    http://www.danasoft.com/sig/scare2140.jpg

Comment

Working...
                    X