Armies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armies?

Does anyone have accurate information about the specs of armies?

I saw someone post something over in CFC, but its accuracy seems suspect to me. Is the strength formula that is listed over there accurate?

I'd like to hear about army strengths and such from the Apolyton community, particularly related to C3C.
    No greater love has one than to lay down their life for a friend.

So, if you load an army with all units the same type and supposing those units are 6/3/3 (i.e. Cavalry) then:

Attack bonus with:
    Neither Pentagon nor Military Academy: (6+6+6)/6 = +3
    Pentagon only: (6+6+6+6)/6 = +4
    Military Academy only: (6+6+6)/4 = +4 (rounded down)
    Both Pentagon and Military Academy: (6+6+6+6)/4 = +6

With Pentagon and Military Academy, assuming you load 4 units of the same type into each army, the net result is to simply double their attack and defense stats, because the bonus is (4*X)/4 = +X Which makes a 4-Cavalry army into a 12/6/4 unit.
    Last edited by vmxa1; February 16, 2005, 21:55.

Comment

Ummmm. What do you mean by "neither pentagon nor military tradition?"

You can't have cavalry without Military Tradition.

Comment

Here is the link

Armies by Theoden

Comment

You can't have the pentagon without MT, either.

Comment

Alright guys lets not be obtuse. Of course you cannot have calvs with out MT, but that is not the point. The point is it is att + att + att/6 without the academy.

With it is att+att+att/4. I just use the calv as an easy to calc att value.

I did not read the link, but if it expalins it, what is the question pending?
            Last edited by vmxa1; February 16, 2005, 21:57.

Comment

vmxa1 meant the Military Academy.
              The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1
                So, if you load an army with all units the same type and supposing those units are 6/3/3 (i.e. Cavalry) then:

Attack bonus with:
                Neither Pentagon nor Military Academy: (6+6+6)/6 = +3
                Pentagon only: (6+6+6+6)/6 = +4
                Military Tradition only: (6+6+6)/4 = +4 (rounded down)
                Both Pentagon and Military Academy: (6+6+6+6)/4 = +6

With Pentagon and Military Academy, assuming you load 4 units of the same type into each army, the net result is to simply double their attack and defense stats, because the bonus is (4*X)/4 = +X Which makes a 4-Cavalry army into a 12/6/4 unit.
                Corrected for those that can't figure it out for themselves..

Comment

Oh, and btw, Armies ROCK!!!

Some clarifications to the CFC post:

* Units in Armies fight in serial order by strength (either offensive or defensive, as appropriate), and thus, given respectively blitz and multiple defense actions, can in fact each be promoted through multiple wins in a given turn.

* Army healing takes place at the same rate while on ships... a heckuva thing for Berserks and Marines (and Spec Forces in the AU Mod).

* Mixed-unit Armies are an incredibly effective way to maintain/upgrade strength over time... in stock C3C, with the two relevant SWs, a 2xSwords+MedInf+Infantry Army will add 4 attack points and 4 defense points to each unit, so, in order, the units become:

Attack: 10/8/7/7
                  Defense: 14/6/6/6 (plus modifiers)

* The extra movement point adds subtleties: Slowmover Armies can keep up with Knights... Knight Armies keep up with Cavs, etc. Also, Mixed-unit Armies get interesting: Add an Infantry to a 3xCav Army, and send it along with Tanks!

* C3C Army pillaging is a wonder to behold.
                  The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Ok to make it plain, I will change it to MA.

Comment

Originally posted by Theseus
                      * Army healing takes place at the same rate while on ships... a heckuva thing for Berserks and Marines (and Spec Forces in the AU Mod).
                      Are Berserk and Marine armies amphibious? I didn't think they were. I know I haven't had luck with Special Forces and air drops...

Comment

I never realized that Armies heal unitl today. I couldn't figure out what was going on at first, because I was in enemy terrirtory with about half health on a 3x Calv army. The next turn I was more than 3/4 full.

Do slow units slow down a fast army? For instance, say I have 3 tanks, what would happen if I put an infantry in there?

Would I loose any moves? Would I still be able to attack multiple times?

Dan O.

Comment

Armies act as if you had BattleField Medicine build. They heal even in enemy territory.

They heal at 1 hp per unit per turn. If in a city with a barracks they heal like a normal unit. That is fully after one turn of no activity.

Armies move at the speed of the slowest unit +1.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre2th

Are Berserk and Marine armies amphibious? I didn't think they were. I know I haven't had luck with Special Forces and air drops...

Armies of marines or beserkers retain any special ability if they are homogeneous.
                            Last edited by vmxa1; February 17, 2005, 04:04.

Comment

Armies act as if you had BattleField Medicine build. They heal even in enemy territory.

They heal at 1 hp per unit per turn. If in a city with a barracks they heal like a normal unit. That is fully after one turn of no activity.
                              That's real cool.

Armies move at the speed of the slowest unit +1.
                              I guess that's realistic, and makes sense. Just kind of sucks is all.

I guess one of the best armies to build would be a 3 modern armor, and one Mech Inf army.

You guys listed how attack is calculated, how is defense?

Is defense based on all units, or the strongest defender?

I've got to go read up on how battles are calculated. Like, how does the computer calculate how many hit points you loose if you attack and such.

Dan O.

Comment

Working...
                              X