Free Palace Jump (reply)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Palace Jump (reply)

Since the original thread by DaveMcW has been archived and is no longer able to be posted in...

------------------

In C3C (not tested in Civ/PtW) military units in cities count as well.

I was fooling around with a game I recently played where I used a Palace Jump to get to another continent, and then teleported all my units across too. I played this game a few days ago and that time around the Palace jumped to the proper city. But I've gone back to play it again and this time it didn't work.

The difference turned out to be that the first time around I had the entire stack of units outside any city. 2 Settlers weren't going to be able to make it that turn to the nearest city (and my gold had given out, necessitating the jump that turn), so I was going to build a city at the point that all my units could make it. I hadn't built this city yet, so all the units were out in the open.

Going back to replay it, it didn't work because I lazily kept most of the units in an already built city before attempting the jump.

Playing around with it, I found that my native pop 1 town with 3 pop 2 towns within 8 tiles needed 14 Horsemen/Archers to get the Palace. Anything less than 14 Horsemen/Archers and the Palace would jump to my native pop 6 town (no units) with 3 pop 2 towns within 8 tiles. All my Settlers and Workers didn't make any difference either way.

city 1:

1 native pop: 1
    3 neighbors: 3

total: 4

city 2: (built last)

6 native pop: 6

total: 9

city 3:

13 Horsemen: < 5

total: < 9

city 4:

14 Horsemen: > 5

total: > 9

I didn't have any units with different A/D to test with, so can't say whether that affects things or not. M at least isn't a factor in as Archers are interchangeable with Horsemen.
    Last edited by Aeson; February 13, 2005, 18:19.

Yes, each military unit in the city gives one point for palace jump purposes (discovered by Sir Pleb).

Too bad DaveMcW updated his post on CivFanatics in August to show that, but not his Apolyton thread.

Comment

I wasn't getting a full point per military unit. Otherwise I should have only needed 6 units in city 2 instead of 14.

Comment

Working...
      X