• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grim Legacy in most of my games I do not have a lot of pollution, because:

a: very few factories
    b: only a coal plant in the capitol and replace it when new tech
    c: very few hospitals

So with cities of size 12 or less and no factories or coal plants, they do not generate pollution.

By the time I do make a few hospitals, I probably have one of the anti pollution structures.

These tactics are geared for an empire that is bend on conquest only.

Comment

to: joncnunn

What thread in the creation forum. I see nothing about pollution neither in creation nor in files.

Comment

Entiled "Possible Replacement for Whack a Mole"

Originally posted by pvzh
        to: joncnunn

What thread in the creation forum. I see nothing about pollution neither in creation nor in files.
        1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
        Templar Science Minister
        AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

The real key is C. Large Metros produce a lot of polution without factories than a size 7 town with both a Factory and Coal Plant.

Originally posted by vmxa1
          Grim Legacy in most of my games I do not have a lot of pollution, because:

a: very few factories
          b: only a coal plant in the capitol and replace it when new tech
          c: very few hospitals

So with cities of size 12 or less and no factories or coal plants, they do not generate pollution.

By the time I do make a few hospitals, I probably have one of the anti pollution structures.

These tactics are geared for an empire that is bend on conquest only.
          1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
          Templar Science Minister
          AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Yes the population factor is the worst (12+). Without building hospitals, it's not a problem at all even with factories. After all, a factory produces a mere 2 'waste triangles', which represents a fairly small chance of polluting a city square.

When building a nice civ, it's just shameful to have to sit and wait on building hospitals. I now tend to postpone their construction just a bit so that each city has maximal benefit from 12 squares first and so that I have a lot of workers ready for cleanup (i.e. all improvements and railroads are done). All in all it just feels like punishment for fast growth. Sort of like corruption, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Grim Legacy
              Yes the population factor is the worst (12+). Without building hospitals, it's not a problem at all even with factories. After all, a factory produces a mere 2 'waste triangles', which represents a fairly small chance of polluting a city square.

When building a nice civ, it's just shameful to have to sit and wait on building hospitals. I now tend to postpone their construction just a bit so that each city has maximal benefit from 12 squares first and so that I have a lot of workers ready for cleanup (i.e. all improvements and railroads are done). All in all it just feels like punishment for fast growth. Sort of like corruption, eh?
              At leas the problem is fixable with the editor. I hope something like Joncnunns whack the mole alternative is implemented in one of the major mods like rise and rule or AU mod for future multiplayer purposes, but in the menatime I've already implemented it for my won single player games.

Comment

Working...
              X