Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When did this happen??? Lost a saved game!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When did this happen??? Lost a saved game!

Hey all. This has me a bit PO'ed this morning.

For as long as I can remember, Civ 3 kept several autosaves. It kept the last two turns you played, as well as the last two turns of the last game you played.

Believing that to be the case with C3C, I went a head and created a new game just to test something out. I went to load the auto save and it wasn't there.

For some stupid reason there are now only 2 autosave files, one from each of the last two turns I played on the most recent game.

And what's worse, it didn't delete the old one, so I can't undelete it with PC inspector.

I had just beat the game with victory point scoring, and I was going to edit the save file so that I could beat it by space race. Now I've lost the years from 1435AD till ~1800AD.

Is there anything I can do about this, and anything I can do to make sure it doesn't happen agian, besides saving the game every damn turn?

TIA,
    Dan O.

The thing to do is to use the save function and forget the autosave. It is too late now, but did you check the preferences to be sure that autosave is enabled?

I never use autosave and I am caught when I DL a game and realize it has turned on autosave again.

Comment

Working...
    X