Strategic Resources

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strategic Resources

Does anyone have any problems with the scarcity of most of these resources? I can understand why they are rare, but there have been 3 or 4 games where neither mine, nor the adjacent continents have iron. Any way to change it? Any mods dealing with it?

yes, you can alter the appearance ratio for the resources using the conquests editor on the natural resources tab of the edit custom rules screen. A higher appearance ratio will mean more of that resource will be found on a given map played using those rules.

I like to set the disapperance value to zero as well since the random numbr generator that determines if your resource vanishes seems to have an infuriating sense of humor

Comment

Some people actually prefer staying on the PTW releases to avoid such problems. That and other "fixes" C3C brought.

Did you check the Civ3-Strategy forum? I think there's a mod that does what you want there...
      Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

In the editor adjust the strategic resources upwards by 50% to get the PTW settings.

If its not the scarcity its the clumping that gets you.

Comment

Thanks for the ideas everyone

Comment

I forget where I read it, but it should be a +33% adjustment to resource appearance ratio. I've used this adjustment myself, and it does work out to be about the same as PtW. I would think that +50% would make the ratio a bit higher than it was in PtW.
            "Every time I have to make a tough decision, I ask myself, 'What would Tom Cruise do?' Then I jump up and down on the couch." - Neil Strauss

Comment

Again, something that I have posted in the cIV idea forum that resources should have numeric values with each tile that would give you a concentration of the resource. The more resource, the more you can do with it.

It's a simple idea, and for me, a welcome bit of complexity...ah, I'm sure someone with say "NO MM"
              Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

IIRC that was the original idea behind it all but the AI couldn't handle it.
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

something like if u have 1 iron, u can build 1 sword at that time, if u have 2 u can build 2, and for building knights u need a spare iron and horse ...

could be interesting, but its not possible with the engine ... and AI would make that sword in a 1-shield city, while the good city's build archers anyways ...

greatz
                  http://www.danasoft.com/sig/scare2140.jpg

Comment

Unless small supplies of those numerical resources were relatively common, it would be a major pain to deal with IMHO. It would also further enhance the power of massive warfare type games, because you'd need to control more territory to cover rapid unit demands.

Comment

Working...
                    X