Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Proper starting locations in without any of the expansions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proper starting locations in without any of the expansions?

I just reinstalled Civ3, and I still don't have any of the expansions yet. So I was wondering if there was a way to get the propers starting locations in the earth map? I did some looking around the site and found somthing about Marla's map, I installed that and that still does not seem to work, any Ideas?

Thanks.
    " Conceit, arrogance, and egotism are the essentials of patriotism." - Emma Goldman

William Seward Burroughs
    February 5, 1914 - August 2, 1997 R.I.P. Uncle Bill, you are missed.

Look in the files section. I know there are some other maps for Earth, just not sure if any are done for the vanilla version.

The editor was improved in the expansions, so they were able to improve the maps a bit.

Comment

I didn't think I would be able to, ok then, at some point I i will try and pick up the expansion.
      " Conceit, arrogance, and egotism are the essentials of patriotism." - Emma Goldman

William Seward Burroughs

Comment

I believe ownership was added in Civ3 patches rather than a Civ3 expansion, which is what you need. Patch it and then try right-clicking on starting points and selecting properties. You should be able to change ownership to either a particular player # or a particular civ.

Comment

Re: Proper starting locations in without any of the expansions?

I would guess that you installed on of her expansion versions of the earth map.

An alternative is you haven't patched Vanilla to 1.29f.

Originally posted by Blisterz
          I just reinstalled Civ3, and I still don't have any of the expansions yet. So I was wondering if there was a way to get the propers starting locations in the earth map? I did some looking around the site and found somthing about Marla's map, I installed that and that still does not seem to work, any Ideas?

Thanks.
          1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
          Templar Science Minister
          AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

I figured it out, thanks a bunch

William Seward Burroughs

Comment

Working...
            X