Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buttons don't show up in MP hosting window ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buttons don't show up in MP hosting window ?

I've just reinstalled Civ 3 Conquest on my new computer and updated it to vers 1.22. When I host a LAN game, none of the buttons show up so I can access the drop down menus to choose any functions. Additionally, I click the X button to exit, and nothing happens. Incidently, my friend has also upgraded to version 1.22 and the same thing is happening on his computer ?

Anyone experience this before ? Our drivers are definitely upgraded. I experienced this type of thing a few times in the past with other version of Conquest, but they resolved with a computer reset. This problem refuses to go away. Anyone have a solution ?

I regularly play MP with a college buddy, and any difficulties we have had setting up games can be attributed to our connections. Firewalls and routers have been the real culprit in such situations. I assume that both of you have opened up the corresponding ports on your routers? In our case, even though neither of us use a non-windows firewall, and even though each of us has opened the same ports, only I can host games. The router my buddy uses prevents him from hosting from what we can ascertain.

In addition, we have tested this with a wireless Motorolla router in which case I could not host games either unless I used a DMZ settings which pretty much opened all my ports and served as a beacon to some unwanted software. This leads me to believe that there is another router port or setting that is blocked off in some routers.

To recap, this sounds like a connection problem to me. Verify that you both have your port settings correct, I find this is normally the case. If that doesn't fix it, it may be the router.

Btw, we have played MB on all 3 variants of civIII, so if you two have been using the same set up for a while, then maybe there is something beyond my experience with it. Good luck.

Comment

You may want to check out this forum for more complete information:

Comment

Working...
      X