CPU Governments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPU Governments

What factors make a nation what government? Ive been having way to many games of every damned nation being Democratic. I need some Commis and Facisits!
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the Blood of Patriots and tyrants" Thomas Jefferson
    "I can merely plead that I'm in the presence of a superior being."- KrazyHorse

THANK YOU! Someone else who feels the same way!!! I am completely on board with you! The CPU doesnt use the other governments enough. And IMO neither do the humans. I think that there are just too many advantages to demo and too many disadvantages to Facisim and Communism! This makes it hard for both the AI and players to choose anything else. I am very political and dipolmatic, so I WISH There was some way to make the governments EQUAL in some way. But... I dont have any solution to your problem, because it is also a problem of mine. I only wish you to know that you are not alone. I hope this thread gets some good things talked about, maybe even some Godly way of getting some things solved? PLEASE?

Comment

The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Ive read that thread before. It dosn't explain the factors of how or why the CPU chooses only democracy. I like to play each game with as much realism to it as I can get. Now when I get my nation built up and i decided whether my people would be better off under an iron fist facist government, a people run communism, or a democratic system I also look at my enemies. You dont see to many democracy nations at war with each other in RL do you? I doubt it since America is all about the spread of democracy. But you see alot of facist/dictator type governments at war with each other or with communism.

In one game where I played as Byzantium I had constant wars with my southern neighbors of Carthage. Though I layed plenty of waste to Carthage I was reaching towards a democratic state. Carthage was behind in technology, had a large military, and plenty of small cities. They became democratic, even though you'd think they would have gone facist to try and pull a Nazi Germany on my England type Byzantium. But at the same time I had a North Korea/South Korea DMZ going with my brethren the Romans, who up until around the 1400s were close allies. Then Cesear went sour and became hostile towards my nation. We had our *civil* war, I took his land, he took mine, then we settled on a line which was basically the original border *my 38th Parallel, which ran veritcal instead* but both of our governments were democratic.

There needs to be more CPU usage of other governments to make gameplay more, realistic and interesting.
        "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the Blood of Patriots and tyrants" Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I guess it is a function of your level and style of play as I see Communism and Fascism all the time. The Ai seems to love to get to Fascism.

Do you have the aggression lowered? Do you see the AI get into wars with each other? Do you go to war with them much?

If the governments were equal, we would only need one form.

Comment

zakubandit remember that communism is an optional governament that comes in the industrial age as is Fascism. So depending an the level and map those civs may not have that tech yet.

Once they get it they are reluctant to trade it. They also do not like to trade the prereq of Nationalism.

Comment

This is a crosspost form the same question on another thread asked about the same time:

It's known that that if you give a govt "all building are free" flag, that the AI would assign an extremely high value to it. (Discovered by Firaxis during beta-testing which led to the removal of the flag from Fedualism)

The AI in 1.22 normally gives a very high priority to corruption level when chosing the peace govt type. (Correction perhaps Overcorrection for AI behavior in Fall of Rome if they stole Imperalism.) Given an equal corruption level and one a pop rush and the other a cash rush, it will usually take the cash rush for peaceful govt as well. Unit support costs don't seem to enter the equation, and neither would the WW level.

AI seems most interested in minimizing the unit support costs among the no WW govts when choosing a wartime govt.
              1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
              Templar Science Minister
              AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

It seem sto me that the AI most often goes Despotism-Republic-Democracy-Fascism. I seldom see the AI at Feudalism or communism.

Comment

Originally posted by Remulak
                  It seem sto me that the AI most often goes Despotism-Republic-Democracy-Fascism. I seldom see the AI at Feudalism or communism.
                  I've more commonly seen in Epic with no mod:

Despotism-Monarchy-Republic-Democracy-Fascism

In AU Mod 1.07, this common AI pattern is seen:

Despotism-Monarchy-Republic-Fedalism-Democracy-Fascism

There is one case in both epic and AU Mod 1.07 that Communism would be seen:

AI switching to a War govt after reseraching Communism while still researching Fascism.

In that case, the AI might use all forms of govt in the same game.
                  Templar Science Minister
                  AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Basically Fascism provides 7 units for free to med sized cities while communism provides only 6 and the AI usually doesn't have many small cities by the industrial age since it's programed to add an aquaduct to the queue of any city at size 6 with a full basket.

War AI doesn't bother to calculate that communism even without a SPHQ is probably going to cause net income to be more than 7/6ths higher than Fascism.
                    Templar Science Minister

Comment

Well thank you for the insite. Im gonna start another game, up the agrressiveness of mine enemies. I always use Huge maps.

*Rumors in the Army are like wildfires in the summer, spread quicker than sh*t...my brigade is gonna deply in june, yey*

Comment

Working...
                      X