W.I.T.H.??? problems with civ3complete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• W.I.T.H.??? problems with civ3complete

Ok, so I have been having some problems with Civ3Complete and i was wondering What The Hell? So as always, when i require knowledge, i come to the Covenant of Civ3 Knowledge, APOLYTON. So guys here are some things:

They mainly have to due with trading and diplomacy so here:

1) COMMUNICATIONS- For some reason, the option to ask for the communications of other civs is not available for me. I cant buy any contacts anymore, and that really confused me. I thought at first that the civ i was trying to buy from was simply not near any others, but as it turned out three others bordered it!

2) MAPS - Also, the option to buy MAPS is GONE! This just cant be. I know i would have read something if they had commited this one. I thought that maybe something just wasnt completed, however, i tried later on in the beginning of the industrial age and STILL NO OPTION! Something has to be wrong here, when su

3)Upgrades? - Ok. So i started another game. Got all the way to Gunpowder and a little beyond that, when suddenly, i realize that "Not a single one of our spearman can be upgraded" Apparently no one can be. I am willing to say that this MAY be because I am stuck on a lil bitty island, but I do have some of them linked so there should be a few offland that can be upgraded.

4) Harbors - Ok. So really, all those friggin harbors i built should be bringing stuff back and forth from my colonies and my mainland right? well NOT MINE! I dont see anything coming or going from my colonies. I at first thought that this could be due to the fact I hadnt discovered navigation yet, but they are sepperated from my mainland by Sea not Ocean. So they should be able to trade.

5) Luxuries - Ok. So I landed on another for the specific reason to take the luxuires and send them home.. i dont see any of the fruits of that labor. Not back at home NOT EVEN IN THE COLONIES! I put roads there, and hooked the roads up to cities with harbors, and i see that there are no luxsuries at my capital, and so i go to the city that has the lux linked to it. Nothing. The damn tabacco is linked right to the city and the city has no record of it!

Did i miss some kind of change in COMPLETE or Conquests or Play the World that took any or all of this stuff out? I am so confused.. I need help. There may even be more things that come up, and i will post them. If any of the things goes away (maybe because I am an idiot) i will make sure to post that they have been resolved as well.

If everyone else stands just as confused, I will post some screen shots to prove myself.

Thanks alot guys.

Re: W.I.T.H.??? problems with civ3complete

Originally posted by theDragon
    1) COMMUNICATIONS- For some reason, the option to ask for the communications of other civs is not available for me. I cant buy any contacts anymore, and that really confused me. I thought at first that the civ i was trying to buy from was simply not near any others, but as it turned out three others bordered it!
    In C3C, you need Printing Press to exchange communications. It comes much later than Writing.

2) MAPS - Also, the option to buy MAPS is GONE! This just cant be. I know i would have read something if they had commited this one. I thought that maybe something just wasnt completed, however, i tried later on in the beginning of the industrial age and STILL NO OPTION! Something has to be wrong here, when su
    Same as above, only this time - you need Navigation. No more easy map trading.

3)Upgrades? - Ok. So i started another game. Got all the way to Gunpowder and a little beyond that, when suddenly, i realize that "Not a single one of our spearman can be upgraded" Apparently no one can be. I am willing to say that this MAY be because I am stuck on a lil bitty island, but I do have some of them linked so there should be a few offland that can be upgraded.
    You need Saltpeter connected to the city, you need the unit to sit in a city with Barracks, you need the unit to have some movement left, you need the cash. The upgrade cost has been increased in C3C. Some upgrades are very expensive (well above 100 Gold). If you had the needed resource, and a Barracks in the city, perhaps you lacked the cash? The game says, that you have no units to upgrade, when you lack one of the requirements.

4) Harbors - Ok. So really, all those friggin harbors i built should be bringing stuff back and forth from my colonies and my mainland right? well NOT MINE! I dont see anything coming or going from my colonies. I at first thought that this could be due to the fact I hadnt discovered navigation yet, but they are sepperated from my mainland by Sea not Ocean. So they should be able to trade.
    To cross Sea squares, you need Astronomy, or you have to build the Great Lighthouse. To cross Ocean squares, you need Navigation, or Magnetism. Squares in the fog of war (black - not scouted) can't be used for trade routes. Neither can squares in enemy territory, or with enemy units on them (when at war).

5) Luxuries - Ok. So I landed on another for the specific reason to take the luxuires and send them home.. i dont see any of the fruits of that labor. Not back at home NOT EVEN IN THE COLONIES! I put roads there, and hooked the roads up to cities with harbors, and i see that there are no luxsuries at my capital, and so i go to the city that has the lux linked to it. Nothing. The damn tabacco is linked right to the city and the city has no record of it!
    Some resources, like the Tobbaco, are only food/production/trade bonuses. They will only increase the output of the tile they are on, and won't directly affect the rest of your empire. Consult the Civilopedia to find out which ones are treated as luxuries, which ones are strategic resources, and which ones just give a local bonus.
    Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

Thank you so very very much. You have proved that there is nothing that Apolyton cannot help solve or give you a smack when you need it. I knew none of those things. And knowledge is power. Wow. I guess I will just have to wait for many of the things I took for granted in Vanilla. Thanks alot Modo, and by the by, I liked your post on diplomacy on that thread i cant remember right now, it gave me alot of ideas. Thanks again for the quick helping hand!

Comment

Working...
      X