gettin more than max amount of cpu on a map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gettin more than max amount of cpu on a map

Is there any way to get more than the max amount of CPU player on a map (for the size?)

Like, I play on a tiny map, it forces max of 4 countries, I believe.. I wanna have more civs on a small map..

I believe you have to go into the editor and change the rules. Or you can download a specific map that already has more civs enabled on it.

Comment

Scenario properties in the editor lets you set the number of civs for a map.

Comment

but can't do it if just generating a random map?

Comment

You create a scenario *without* a map... then when you load it, a map is generated like normal (but with whatever changes you've made to the rules, like # of civs).
          The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

my only beef is you have to play as a scenario, and your high scores don't show up on the list.

Comment

You can always edit the civ3mod.bic file (after backing it up of course). That allows you to change the rules without playing a scenario

Comment

Originally posted by red120
                but can't do it if just generating a random map?
                Yes, you can. Just go into the editor, select Custom Rules, then go to the World Sizes screen. The option for adding more civs is there. When you're done, save as "Your Mod" (name of your choice). If you want to play that mod, just go to the Civ Content selector on the title screen of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre2th
                  You can always edit the civ3mod.bic file (after backing it up of course). That allows you to change the rules without playing a scenario
                  how do I do that?

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident

how do I do that?
                    The .bic file should just be in the Civ3 folder. Copy that file somewhere to back it up, then just modify it using the editor.

Comment

cool. looks like I'll do some more messing around with my mod.

Comment

It still won't show up in the HOF, but yes, it is nice to just fire up a game normally and have all your changes there.
                        Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Working...
                        X