Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1.29f crashes civ3 - upgrade to c3c w/o?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.29f crashes civ3 - upgrade to c3c w/o?

I have been unable to get civ3 to work past a change to the industrial era when the patch 1.29f is installed (causes a 00000005 error, even with a clean install, hard drive error-checked and defragged, all optional programs not loaded, etc.).

I want to get c3c, but I want to make sure that I won't need civ3 to be patched first (or if I do, that c3c has a chance to work anyways).

By the way, was that patch supposed to enable one to actually get a great leader to be able to hurry up a wonder? It's a pain waiting 50 or 100 turns to build a Forbidden Palace.

On another note, I had some fun with workers insisting on invading another country. I finally figured out that my cultural expansion had annexed some land at the southern tip of another country's land mass across water from a city of mine; I shared a land border with that country only on it's north-east tip.

Re: 1.29f crashes civ3 - upgrade to c3c w/o?

Originally posted by kwilson962
    I have been unable to get civ3 to work past a change to the industrial era when the patch 1.29f is installed (causes a 00000005 error, even with a clean install, hard drive error-checked and defragged, all optional programs not loaded, etc.).
    Must be a bad file; there's nothing special about the industrial change except for new graphics the game has to use.

If you try getting the patch again somewhere else, I bet you'll find it works (with yet one more clean re-install, of course).

I want to get c3c, but I want to make sure that I won't need civ3 to be patched first (or if I do, that c3c has a chance to work anyways).
    You don't need Civ3 to be patched first. C3C will install the latest versions of Civ3 and PTW.

By the way, was that patch supposed to enable one to actually get a great leader to be able to hurry up a wonder? It's a pain waiting 50 or 100 turns to build a Forbidden Palace.
    ? I don't recall there ever being a patch when that wasn't the case, but yes, in 1.29f you can get a MGL from elite combat, and MGLs can be used to rush the Forbidden Palace.

On another note, I had some fun with workers insisting on invading another country. I finally figured out that my cultural expansion had annexed some land at the southern tip of another country's land mass across water from a city of mine; I shared a land border with that country only on it's north-east tip.
    Yep, automation can be pain in cases like that.

Comment

Well, I couldn't wait, so I went ahead and upgraded to Conquests before I saw your reply. No problems so far. Now if I can just keep automated workers from making themselves into tempting targets....

Thanks for the reply!

Comment

Working...
      X