question about resources

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about resources

sorry if this has been posted and answered, but is there a way that i have all available strategic resources displayed / highlighted on the map? or even just specific ones?

thanks.

I think it is Cntrl Alt M. Some one will correct that and repeat it and it goes back.

Comment

i didn't have any success with that...but thanks for trying. anyone else?

Comment

Originally posted by nwaddell
        i didn't have any success with that...but thanks for trying. anyone else?
        For some reason, the shortcut (Ctrl+Shift+M) has never worked for me either, but the long way does: click on the top-left-most icon on the screen (Main Menu), select Map, set your Clean Map Preferences, and Clean Map. Repeat to go back to the standard display mode.

Comment

If you press 'Ctrl-Shift-N', you will get a list of things that you can choose to hide/not hide. Pressing 'Ctrl-Shift-M' simply toggles all the checked ones on an off.
          "I used to be a Scotialist, and spent a brief period as a Royalist, but now I'm PC"
          -me, discussing my banking history.

Comment

Cntrl-Shift-m toggles off all units and builds on the map for me. This means you only see the land and resources/luxs. Do it again and it goes back to normal. This is C3C at 1.22, ut I think it came in with PTW.

Comment

Originally posted by punkbass2000
              If you press 'Ctrl-Shift-N', you will get a list of things that you can choose to hide/not hide. Pressing 'Ctrl-Shift-M' simply toggles all the checked ones on an off.
              That is SO cool... I never knew that "clean map" had options!!
              The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks
                "I used to be a Scotialist, and spent a brief period as a Royalist, but now I'm PC"
                -me, discussing my banking history.

Comment

:arf arf:

On looking at Ctrl-Shft-N, though, I find that I am OK with the default settings. Hmmm, I'll keep considering it, however, and maybe come up with a neat application. Ideas?
                  The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Comment

The most important thing to me was seeing the land/resources in the context of borders. Enter Ctrl-Shift-N.

I've found a few specialty uses for other preferences, such as showing roads/railroads when planning my use for about-to-be-conquered territory, but the only one I leave on constantly is borders.
                    Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Good one, Solomonwi... I just tried it... that'll be my standard from now on.

Comment

How about that. I'm glad I opened this thread. I didn't know you could customize "clean map." Cool. Leaving the borders in is something I've definitely wished for in the past. Heh, and to think, I could've done it.

-Arrian
                        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

In scenarios, I tend to leave the roads/railroads in. It helps a lot, since many such games start with some resources and luxuries disconnected.
                          Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

Wow, I didn't know ctrl+shidt+m had options.

The lack of borders was something I dealt with using the minimap.

I do remember some resources being almost invisible in vanilla civ though, so I installed one of those graphic mods that gives smileys next to all luxuries and blue shields next to all strategic resources.
                            Don't eat the yellow snow.

Comment

Working...
                            X