Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strategy for C3C?

Hey guys,

So I haven't played Civ3 for ages, and my CD got lost after moving. So I saw this Conquest expansion, and I figured that I might as well buy the whole series, to get both expansions. So far so good.

Now, because I haven't paid much attention over the past few years, I couldn't really say for sure what has been changed compared to the original. So:

1) Is there a comprehensive list of stuff that was changed/patched from 1.29f to C3C 1.22 anywhere?

2) Are all the strategy tips in the strategy forum still valid?

3) How come there's not a dedicated C3C forum?

Thanks, guys!

The C3C got folded into the general one recently.

Comment

I hope you realize you must have the oringinal Civ3 installed to install and use any of the expansions?

If you bought Complete you get all of the pieces.

No real full list. There is a thread with an attempt to make a list.

Many of the ideas still work, some with lessor results due to nerfing of some traits and the change to corruption.

Many C3C strats are links in the top thread on the strat forum.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I got the whole thing in a bundle - C3, PTW and C3C.

I will have a closer look at the strat-forum, I already checked out some of the threads, though. Most of what I read was written mid-2002, so well before Conquests.

Thanks again!

Comment

You might also want to search this forum, a lot of specific conquests info when it first came out was written in that conquest forum, which folded into this one.
          1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
          Templar Science Minister
          AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Here's a list of changes from PTW: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showth...4&page=2&pp=20
            There's a few more halfway down the page.

Comment

Originally posted by TimBentley
              Here's a list of changes from PTW: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showth...4&page=2&pp=20
              There's a few more halfway down the page.
              woot! that was actually helpful even for a total c3 novice.

Comment

Working...
              X