Stop towns from moving laborers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop towns from moving laborers

I have a town that has sufficent food to pump workers, but every turn I have to reset which tiles the laborers are working on. Is there any way to stop governors from moving my laborers around every turn?

Thanks!

Do you mean upon growth or building a food-based unit, or in general?
    The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

I think at any time, after building or while something is being built. I know in the govenor menu you can emphesize either food or production, but other then that I know of no way to prevent it from resetting what I set the laborers on.

Comment

In my experience, the things I have to watch for with settler and worker pump cities are (1) when the city grows, the new laborer is likely to end up on a tile with less food than is needed to keep the pump going in order to get extra production, and (2) when the city finishes building a settler or worker, laborers get shifted around. In turns where the city neither grows nor finishes a settler or worker, the laborer situation stays the same.

That does open up a possibility of cities that require labor micromanagement every turn: specifically, two-turn worker pumps that alternate cycles of growing one turn and finishing a worker the next. But more generally, it is growth and completion of settlers and workers that you have to watch out for.

Comment

Yeah, I generally set it to notify me after every build and to build the same unit. I always check out Settler/Worker builds, often don't bother with places just pumping units.
          "I used to be a Scotialist, and spent a brief period as a Royalist, but now I'm PC"
          -me, discussing my banking history.

Comment

Workers always get relocated by the governor when the city shrinks in size for any reason. (Settler / Worker built; starvation)

So you need to reallocate it yourself.

And yes, the AI picks the inital location of where each new worker for any reason [city growth / coming out of resistance]

So if it's in the wrong place, you have to fix it yourself.

In addition, the AI picks where to send a worker that was working on a tile that just got poluted goes, so again you need to fix it.
            1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
            Templar Science Minister
            AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

All right, I guess the laborers are reseting themselves because of the worker pump and there is nothing I can do about. Thanks for the answer and help.

Comment

okay, yeah I don't remember any major problems with rearranging, unlike smac. unless I maybe have the governor on.

It still pisses me off when I get pollution and my guy stops working the tile. . I have to reassign it every single time.

Comment

The upshot is the "bonus" production you receive, especially when a city grows every two turns. Potentially 0.5 or even 1 extra spt.
                  "I used to be a Scotialist, and spent a brief period as a Royalist, but now I'm PC"

Comment

The AI worker placement routinte highly prefers balanced tiles.
                    It also ignores corruption / waste affects.

Originally posted by Dissident
                    okay, yeah I don't remember any major problems with rearranging, unlike smac. unless I maybe have the governor on.

It still pisses me off when I get pollution and my guy stops working the tile. . I have to reassign it every single time.
                    1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                    Templar Science Minister
                    AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

You actually let the governor manage?
                      "We may be in a hallucination here, but that's no excuse for being delusional!." K.S. Robinson, 'The Years Of Rice And Salt.'

Comment

Sure, when I am lazy (ie, just playing for fun, not necessarily to win or to prove anything).
                        If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

For me, the micromanagement has become a big part of the fun, but initially I hated it. Too much work, I thought.
                          Sometimes, like during a pretty dicey war, I'll let the governors take over, but afterwards its a lot of fun to clean up all their mistakes.
                          Methinks I shall miss micromanagement in CivIV.
                          "We may be in a hallucination here, but that's no excuse for being delusional!." K.S. Robinson, 'The Years Of Rice And Salt.'

Comment

Who said anything about letting the governor manage a city? It would be rare sight indeed (probably impossible) to see a city producing 5fpt with the governor at the helm. This thread is about the fact that you can't stop the governor from switching tiles around after a Settler/Worker.

Comment

Re: Stop towns from moving laborers

Originally posted by I Am Jeff
                              I have a town that has sufficent food to pump workers, but every turn I have to reset which tiles the laborers are working on. Is there any way to stop governors from moving my laborers around every turn?

Thanks!
                              Stop using the Governor, they're idiots anyway! If you use the build queues, it's really not that much work micromanaging your cities, and you'll be better off as a result. The Governor can be very inefficient.

Other than you're SOL, it's going to reallocate your labourers everytime there's a change.

Comment

Working...
                              X