Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EMPEROR LEVEL - Diplomatic victory of the computer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EMPEROR LEVEL - Diplomatic victory of the computer?

Hello to everybody.
    I'm french and not use to asking questions on the net...
    But I have a real problem...

I have reached 1908 after Christ

Only the french nation and the irokees (Iroquois in french...) are still alive with me

The french civilization has built the united nations wonder in 1904 or 1906. And at the beggining of my turn (1908AC) the computer tells that I lost...

Is it the diplomatic vote? The problem is that I took the city inside witch the UN has been built (captured in 1906).

Is it the culture victory (The french have about 65% of the global culture on the graphic)? But this % is decreasing because I build buildings and destroy cities...

So I don't know how to get throuht this problem. It never happened during my numerous other games... Usually they don't build the UN wonder I think...

Answer me por favor!

Perhaps a domination vitory?
    The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Re: EMPEROR LEVEL - Diplomatic victory of the computer?

Originally posted by Baracuda
      The french civilization has built the united nations wonder in 1904 or 1906. And at the beggining of my turn (1908AC) the computer tells that I lost...

Is it the diplomatic vote? The problem is that I took the city inside witch the UN has been built (captured in 1906).
      The victory/defeat screen should tell you how you lost/won. If it's Diplomatic, it will say something like "Défaite diplomatique" or somesuch (not such how they translated it).

If it's just you and two other civs left, and they both hate you, you are sure to lose to the UN, so make sure you control it.

As Theseus suggests, if one civ has a lot more land than you do, you may have lost by Domination. Otherwise, it's certainly Culture.

Are you playing with Conquests? If so, you can just hit F8 to check the Victory Status screen.
      And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

If you are still not sure, you can edit the score. It looks like this:

HighScore.cv3
        format:
        leader name A nnnnn B C D
        A = the civ race counting from the list shown in the hall of fame. That is 22 would be Arabs.
        B = level counting Chief as 0, sid is 7.
        C = type of vic/loss
        VictoryType: Domination(0), Conquest(1), Cultural(2), Diplomatic(3), Spacerace(4), Retired(5), Histograph(6)
        Last edited by vmxa1; December 30, 2004, 21:03.

Comment

FYI 66% is need for domination.

Culture is 20K in one city or more than the map size and double the nearst civ. That is 100K for std map and the second place civ would have to be under 50K. If France had 60K, you would need 120K. If the map was larger the min would be more than 100K.

All of this presumes no special scenario settings and not using victory conditions such as VP.

Comment

I think you technically nees 67% for the win. You need both population and territory for domination.
            "I used to be a Scotialist, and spent a brief period as a Royalist, but now I'm PC"
            -me, discussing my banking history.

Comment

Working...
            X