Culture Points

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Culture Points

I know that buildings and wonders gain culture points as time goes on, but at what rate. And could some one tell me where the most comprehensive web page concerning corruption in Civ3 is???(One that includes details on the Forbidden Palace as well)...or just tell me yourself. Thanks to everyone!

Read this first, it will help explain the next two attached threads...

All you'll every need to know about corruption in C3 and PTW And how it was changed in C3C

Don't expect me to explain. I don't understand it as it is...
    You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Re: Culture Points

Originally posted by civroman
      I know that buildings and wonders gain culture points as time goes on, but at what rate.
      You can find the amount of Culture each improvement generates every turn by looking in the Civilopedia. After 1000 years (not a specific number of turns) of the improvement's existence, this amount doubles. So, for example, a Temple built in 1000BC generates 2cpt until 1AD, when it starts generating 4cpt perpetually.
      And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

So the early an improvement, the better. Same with tourist attractions. Two turn difference for building a wonder in the ancient age can be a 200 gold differenced in the medieval ages...

Comment

Re: Re: Culture Points

Originally posted by Dominae
          You can find the amount of Culture each improvement generates every turn by looking in the Civilopedia.
          You can also look in the lower left hand portion of your city screen. Any improvments in that city that are already producing culture will have a little musical note symbol next to them. One musical note for each cultur point produced by that improvment.

Thanks Dominae, I didn't realise that culture production for all improvments doubles after 1000 years.
          Do you believe in Evil? The Nefarious Mr. Butts
          The continuing saga of The Five Nations
          A seductress, an evil priest, a young woman and The Barbarian King

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Culture Points

Originally posted by 1889
            You can also look in the lower left hand portion of your city screen. Any improvments in that city that are already producing culture will have a little musical note symbol next to them. One musical note for each cultur point produced by that improvment.
            Anyone else have difficulty counting those darn things!?
            And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

I think one of the advisers can fix that problem, the cultural one, but for a quick glance, it usually isn't worth it. Memorization and using the total culture per turn is about all you need...

Comment

The musical notes get tough to count when there's more than four or so of them. Some in TAM produce like 10 cpt before doubling ...
                Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Originally posted by Commy
                  So the early an improvement, the better. Same with tourist attractions. Two turn difference for building a wonder in the ancient age can be a 200 gold differenced in the medieval ages...
                  Culture is 1000 years from building construction to double, and, according to CivEdit Help, Tourist Attraction increases on 100 turn increments (100 tuns, no cash, 101 - 200 is 2gpt, 201 - 300 4 gpt etc.).

Early building still applies, but 1000 years passes fast pre 1000BC (20 turns from 4000 BC), and slow post AD (from 250AD, 1000 years is 100 turns), so early temples double in a few turns, but very late ones take more game time.

100 turns is many years pre BC (3450 years from 4000 BC), and as little as 200 years in the late game, but the same game time

Comment

And in fact, any improvement built after 1050 AD will not double in the course of the game.
                    1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                    Templar Science Minister
                    AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Working...
                    X