h'wacha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• h'wacha

how do you kill something w/ a h'wacha? as i recall, you can't bombard something to death w/ it. hmmm...

Sure you can (at least in the 1.22 version). H'wacha has lethal land and sea bombard.

It just gets tricky when you're bombarding a stack, since the badly wounded units move to the bottom of the enemy's stack. One approach is to ambush a single enemy unit with a heafty stack of h'wacha. They're also great for devastating enemy intruders.
    They don't get no stranger.
    Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.
    "We will not tire, we will not falter, and we will not fail." George W. Bush

Comment

H'wacha

A stack of those babies with a few muskets and you will have a zero loss war. Great fun!

Comment

The only thing that gives the Korean civ choice some merit....
        Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

wow, people actually like that uu?

I really don't use artillery much, if at all. The time I usually go to war is ancient age and modern age. And I never have much use for canon and artillery. In the modern age I find bombers can keep up with my fast units much better than slow artillery.

Comment

The Inf/Cav/Arty era is probably the best for annexing AIs. The AI has no clue how to stop such stacks, and still less clue how to take cities defended by Infantry unless it's got Tanks.
            Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
            The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

I have the Ottomans, but even my higher attack uus (2 higher attack than cavalry) are struggling against riflemen. I have no chance against infantry.

Comment

That's what the artillery are for I think you'll find even normal Veteran Cavalry to be quite effective against 1hp Infantry.
                "I used to be a Scotialist, and spent a brief period as a Royalist, but now I'm PC"
                -me, discussing my banking history.

Comment

Once you have Trebuchets and Knights (or Med Inf), the age of artillery has arrived. Bombard of 6 against Pikemen is very very powerful. Continue on with Trebs/Cannons + Knights/Cav against Muskets. Then Cannons + Cav against Riflemen. Finally Artillery + Cav/Tanks against Infantry. The beauty is that each time defense increases, there is an increase in artillery strength as well.

The Artillery unit itself is the big powerhouse: 50% more bombard than cannon plus twice the range plus twice the rate of fire.

Comment

yep, I love artillery. I was hesitant to use them because I was in a democracy and wanted to achieve my goals quickly. But sometimes that isn't possible.

I switched goverments to communism. Now it's time for an ass whoopin'

yes this is the same game I've been playing. I just haven't had a chane to finish it. I'm about halfway through.

Comment

Working...
                    X