Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conquest: WWII: Pacific Bug, Can we fix it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conquest: WWII: Pacific Bug, Can we fix it?

Below is a post in C3C forum. I came here to ask if the error could be fixed ?

Thanks!

I'm using C3C, patch 1.22.

I played as Chinese, and recovered Nanjing, the ex-Chinese Capital on April, 1942. I surprisely found out that it's all Japanese in the city and they are resistent to Chinese troops!

This is a big mistake, and did not respect the history.
    At the time of Pacific war begin for American, Chinese already fought Japanese four years all by ourselves.
    Due to military weakness, Chinese lost many cities like Nanjing, Canton to Japanese, but they were all Chinese
    cities, and they are mostly Chinese people in the cities.
    When Japanese troops occupied Nanjing, they killed 300000 Chinese, in which most are civilians. If you don't this part of history, you can read Iris Chang's "The Rape of NanKing". It happend from 12/13/1937.

Therefore it's a big mistake to put all Japanese in before-war-Chinese cities like Nanking(Nanjing), Canton(Guangdong), etc. I tried to make the change myself using the civ3_editor, but I found out that I can only edit the ownership of a city, but can't change the people's civ trait within a city. i understand that's the cause of this problem.

Therefore I hope Firaxis could fix this problem in the future patches, because
    1. the current MOD does not respect the history
    2. It's a insult to Chinese people, espacially those died in WWII
    3. The editor should has better funtion to edit MOD and conquests.

While it is true that is a Chinese city, I think they wanted to reflect the difficulty of retaking the city and holding. Having it filled Japanese is the easiest way to do that.

It is just a game, so I don't see how it can insult anyone with a sound mind. It was nearly 70 years ago.

You are correct the editor should be better and they improved it many times, but not enough. No scripting and no events to speak off.

They will not fix anything at this point, I am sorry to say.

So I know this will not comfort you in anyway, but you could make your own scenario for it. Good luck and lighten up.

Comment

I suggested he ask here about "fixing" it via the editor, hoping that someone more familiar with the editor than I could tell him how to alter the WWII Pacific scenario such that Nanking's citizens are Chinese. Is that possible?

Unfortunately, this form is mostly dead.

-Arrian
      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

it's not possible to set the nationality of the cities in the editor
        Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Are there anyway else to do it?

Thanks!

Comment

AFAIK, only if you had a save-game editor, and then you'd need a save for each civ.

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos
              it's not possible to set the nationality of the cities in the editor
              Do you mean it's not possible to set nationality of citizens in a city?

Would this work?[list=1][*]Move Japanese forces outside the city[*]Delete the city, recreate it as Chinese, and set correct number of citizens, improvements, etc. but no defenders.[*]Save as a new scenario[*]Start the game. Play through Japan capturing the city, leave everything else alone[*]Save the game[/list=1]

This will not result in a scenario where the citizens are Chinese and you can play any civ, but it should be a starting save you could play the Chinese from with correct resistance factors...
              some day I'll put a catchy phrase here

Comment

I think we should be able to edit the time it takes to convert citizens to a new nationality, invluding a setting for them to always to retain their nationality.

The problem with conversion in WW2 is that in super short time frames like a few years no one is going to begin associating themselves with whoever conquered them. Over hundreds of years, this is not true however. For example, there were thousands of ethnic Germans that lives in Poland during WW2 that considered themselves Polish, and didn't collaborate with the Nazis.

I was playing as the USA in this scenario and I found it annoying that the Filipinos turned into Japanese people and were resisting when I liberated them from the Japanese.

I understand they wanted independence but I would assume being under the thumb of the US is better than being so under the Imperial Japanese Army.
                New American UU: Al Gore-Eliminates pollution and you get "The Internet" great wonder instantly.

New Hittite MGL: Howard Dean(listen to what their UU sounds like when it attacks)

Comment

Working...
                X